• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros.
  3. New Super Mario Bros. Marathon

User Info: MarioMan847

MarioMan847
6 years ago#1
You know that theory going around that the New Super Mario Bros. franchise is rehashed and stale? Well, I'm gonna see if that's true.

How, you ask?

By playing through all 4 New Super Mario Bros. games in a row, back to back. This is something that I've never done before. If I ever get legitimately bored or get the feeling of staleness as I'm playing even ONCE, then I will agree that the New Super Mario Bros. games significantly need more innovation. If I consistently have fun throughout the whole marathon, then my opinion will stand that the New Super Mario Bros. games are solid.

Starting today, I'm going to be playing the games in order of release. Here's the schedule:

New Super Mario Bros.

March 10-12th, 2013

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

March 12-15th, 2013

New Super Mario Bros. 2

March 15-17th, 2013

New Super Mario Bros. U

March 17-20th, 2013

Hopefully I'll have fun. Let's see if the conspiracies are true.

I've posted this on the board for every other NSMB game too, just so you know.
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#2
Also, I'm gonna be recording myself playing NSMBWii and U, so stay tuned for that if you wanna see how AWESOME I am at these games. >=)

Can't record the handheld ones, though. -_-
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#3
But yeah, this should be interesting. I actually haven't played NSMB and NSMBWii in a long time. Heck, I haven't even played the legendary NSMB2 in over a month. :O
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#4
Finished World 1 and 2 of NSMB. The game is actually a lot better than I remember it, and it's quite challenging.

So far, so good.
Video games are awesome.

User Info: CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47
6 years ago#5
You'll be sick of it by the end of NSMB Wii
Join My Nintendo Clan! http://tinyurl.com/nintyzone 3DS: 5026-4841-9381
(>-'.'-)> Cookie?

User Info: CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47
6 years ago#6
*tracks topic* Keep this thread updated.
Join My Nintendo Clan! http://tinyurl.com/nintyzone 3DS: 5026-4841-9381
(>-'.'-)> Cookie?

MarioMan847
6 years ago#7
CheatFreak47 posted...
You'll be sick of it by the end of NSMB Wii

I beg to differ. =P

I plan on getting through World 3-6 today, then finish the game tomorrow.
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#8
After finishing World 6, I've come to the conclusion that the original NSMB is the hardest New Super Mario Bros. game. I think it's mainly because the game wasn't built for multi-player like other NSMB games, so the level design is a lot more closed in and restricting. The Star Coin locations seem to be a bit tougher, too.

So far though, I've been having a lot of fun. I guess it's because it's literally been years since I've played this game, so it feels fresh. As of now, the New Super Mario Bros. conspiracy hasn't been proven..... But this is just the first game. The REAL test is the conversion from NSMBDS to NSMBWii, and from NSMBWii to 2 and U.
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#9
Today's the final day of New Super Mario Bros., and the first day of New Super Mario Bros. Wii!
Video games are awesome.

MarioMan847
6 years ago#10
Finally beat New Super Mario Bros. for DS! What a great game! :D

Gonna be completely honest, there actually WERE moments where the game got kinda boring because some of the levels either reminded me too much of a level from another NSMB game, or because the level design simply wasn't interesting enough. This doesn't prove the New Super Mario Bros. conspiracy though, as the overall great design of the game shined over the minor flaws.

I still believe that NSMBDS is the weakest of all the NSMB games, but I have to give the game props for bringing back the legend of 2D Mario after 15 years, and for setting the stage for many Mario games after it.

Gonna move on to New Super Mario Bros. Wii now! If I decide to record it, I'll let you dudes know.
Video games are awesome.
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros.
  3. New Super Mario Bros. Marathon
  • Topic Archived