• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. WarioWare: Touched!
  3. glacially slow cutscenes ruin entire experience

User Info: vandwedge

vandwedge
10 years ago#1
I've read a few reviews, both on this site and elsewhere. Some people like the game, some people don't. I have not seen ANYBODY even mention what is in my mind the most obviously crippling problem with the game: the cutscenes.

The cutscenes are very long. The cutscenes are not skippable. WHY NOT?

When you play Warioware, the experience you want to have is BAM, quick game, BAM, quick game, BAM, etc. Rapid fire act-act-act-act-act. You do not want to sit around scratching your nose and looking out the window for three minutes before the game decides to let you do something.

I mean when you're playing through Warioware for the first time, you probably spend 30 seconds actually doing something to every 3 minutes of waiting around. Is this really a good pace for a microgame-compilation game to have? I can understand that pacing for cinematic games like Metal Gear, but why on earth would you replicate that for what's supposed to be a very fast-paced, think-on-your-feet game?

I'm sure some people find the cutscenes funny. I'm not saying remove them from the game. I'm just saying make them skippable, please!
  1. Boards
  2. WarioWare: Touched!
  3. glacially slow cutscenes ruin entire experience
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Unrolling toilet paperSimon3333319/10/2019

GameFAQs Q&A