• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Best stats and build for a human warrior?
NoRatCat 1 month ago#1
I have started a male human warrior but I was wondering what stats and specialties I should put into him? I plan on him using heavy armor along with a sword and shield.
GeistSR 1 month ago#2
Two early goals will be reaching 42 STR for equipment and 26 DEX for shield talents. After that, you won't need more than 20 CON and a bit of WIL. Minimal investment in CUN is helpful for Coercion, but continue pumping STR as much as possible. You will absolutely need Taunt of course. If your game is unpatched you can take advantage of the bug that Shield Wall does not actually penalize your damage.

If this is your first playthrough you'll need to unlock specializations. The two easiest to earn are Templar and Berserker, but you may find the Champion and Reaver more useful for your shield fighter. The Reaver's Frightening Appearance can disable even powerful enemies for a time, and it can Devour corpses for healing. The Champion's War Cry is good once you have Superiority for the knockdown, and Rally is a nice boost for your party with Motivate.
NathanCiel 1 month ago#3
You already have Alistair. I don't see why you need another S&S.

Do yourself a favor and install Dual Striking bug fix. You will see just how powerful DW Warrior is:
  • Strongest DPS in the game thanks to Dual Striking doubling the effectiveness of Berserk bonus, runes, poisons and spells like Flaming Weapon.
  • Great tank, since DW Warrior can just invest all their points into Dexterity.
  • The sheer attack speed of Dual Striking, combined with several Paralyze runes, allows you to effectively disable even Cauthrien, Archdemon and Harvester.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Best stats and build for a human warrior?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A