• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. just got my gameinformer. News and answers to your questions

User Info: kenlee25

kenlee25
9 years ago#1
OK so ill do this in kind of a question/ answer like thing. Each answer will be direct quote from the magazine.

Q: Will morrigan be in this game?
A: Will we see any characters from origins in dragon Age II? " We are certainly not done with Morrigans story," hints lead designer MIke Laidlaw, " I Can say that "

Q: IS Hawke Related to Morrigan or the Warden?
A: Hawke is a legend in his own time, and like all legends his history is shrouded in speculation, myster, and exageration. He escaped Lothering as it was being razed by darkspawn, then fled to kirkwall, a major city in the free marches north of ferelden.

Q: Will my progress in Dragon Age origins carry over into DA2?
A: You may be controlling a differetn character in dragon age 2, but the chices your grey warden made in origns are still imported from your save and reflected in the world. Who is leading ferelden? Who defeated the Archdemon? These questions are vital in determining the current state of the dragon age universe, and the team at BioWare want to make sure your decistions carry over- even if you want to play Dragon Age 2 on a different platform.

Q: This game is a step down. Wheres my origins?
A: When compared to origin stories, Dragon Age 2 may appear more limited. however with the beginning of Hawke's tale predetermined, players arn't making fewer choices; more choices are just being made as the story progresses, rather than on a character creation screen before you start playing.

Q: So how will a non silent protagonist work? is it just like mass effect? or is it different?
A: Dragon age II uses a conversation system similar to mass effect's, where players select paraphrased versions of the dialogue from a wheel. an icon in the middle of the wheel even illustrates the line's basic intent ( like aggressive or sarcastic )

Q: will dragon age II follow the basic BW Story forumula? ( broken up into different quotes )
A:- Dragon age II has a framed narrative structure, which means that the exploits of Hawke occured in the past, but are being told in the present
- When looking at ways to help players get a more complete view of the dragon age universe, the team saw an opportunity to make the story of dragon age II span a decade
- As our demo begins, we witness an exchange between a male dwarf named varric and a female chantry seeker........She wants to know how Hawke escaped from lothering, and varric reluctantly tells the tale. At least he tells the version he wants the seeker to hear, and the scene fades to lothering and shifts to hawke's perspective.
- Events don't necessarily need to unfold chronologically, and the structure allows the team to skip over uneventful periods of time
- the framed narrative conveys 10 years worth of adventures

Q: So does the game officially start before or after origins?
A: Dragon Age II begins as the events of Origins are still taking place, so you may see some familiar events from a different angle.

Q: So what does 10 years worth of game do for me, the gamer?
A: Because of the larger span of time the game encompasses, players will see the result of their decisions sooner. if you save a city under siege, it ( and its grateful citizens ) will be there for future sections of the narrative. on the other hand, if that city gets destroyed, you will see ow it affects the region in the years that follow.

Q: i love Origin's combat. did they change it?
A: Dragon age II is as much about keeping what worked well from origins as addressing what didn't, which is why players can expect a similar emphasis of abilities, spells, and character custimzation. The three base classes - warrior, rogue, and mage- make the transition to the seque, though the team hopes to refine each one to create more distinct play styles

kenlee25
9 years ago#2
extra tidbits

-flemeth is in the game
- different art styles ( are graphics better? idk )
- xbox and ps3 versions of the game player differently than pc so both versions can work without 1 being superior
- there is ALOT more blood
- the dragon age franchise will focus on the story of a continent, not an individual like mass effect
- animations are better
- screenshots depict a character that looks a bit similar to morrigan in the players party. she even does magic. however if this is morrigan im not sure.
- bioware is addressing issues such as " duel wield rogues that play like warriors with less defense "

User Info: JedimasterDavid

JedimasterDavid
9 years ago#3
Cool stuff dude, thx for posting
Fallout 3 pickup line: did you just put a grenade in my pocket? 'cause I just felt my pants explode.

User Info: BonnabinTheDire

BonnabinTheDire
9 years ago#4
and the team at BioWare want to make sure your decistions carry over- even if you want to play Dragon Age 2 on a different platform.

Hopefully this means there's a pre-game questionairre you can fill out, ticking off all major plot decisions made in DA:O, as opposed to ME2s half-assed way of doing it if you didn't have a save available.
"You fight like a clown!"
That's because I was trained by a FOOL!

User Info: MBO-Sephy

MBO-Sephy
9 years ago#5
More blood? Is that necessary?

"More blood! Where's the next one!"

User Info: VasDeferens

VasDeferens
9 years ago#6
So does that leave the chance for more Origin and Awakening based DLC's to continue that part of the story ?

kenlee25
9 years ago#7
OH AND I FORGOT TO MENTION

for those of you who still dont believe the people on this board.

it is confirmed. you may tweak your characters looks and class as well as gender.

User Info: BonnabinTheDire

BonnabinTheDire
9 years ago#8
So does that leave the chance for more Origin and Awakening based DLC's to continue that part of the story ?

You never know, they may revisit it. I could see them releasing more DLC that fleshes out the stories of individual characters from Origins/Awakening (Leliana's Song was awesome), but I think the story of the Warden is done. They're trying something different with this series: Focusing more on the big picture, and less on an individual. I don't expect that we'll be getting something like the Bhaal Spawn Trilogy.

I know to some it might be disappointing to only have two games based around the Warden (only one depending on your Origins ending), but I'm excited to see where it goes. I'm all for sequels, but there's too many sequels coming out that take the exact same story and beat it out some more... it's like TV series. I think a lot of TV series go on too long, two or three is enough, anything more is just bleh, give me a cast of all-new characters to get into. And that's what Dragon Age looks to be doing. Once again, I'm excited.
"You fight like a clown!"
That's because I was trained by a FOOL!

User Info: Gamemako

Gamemako
9 years ago#9
Thanks. Any links to scans from the text, perchance?

User Info: Kats_RK

Kats_RK
9 years ago#10

Thanks kenlee25.Great Info :D

1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. just got my gameinformer. News and answers to your questions
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A