I DO love Shale, but...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. I DO love Shale, but...

User Info: hannwaters

hannwaters
8 years ago#1
His footsteps make me constantly feel like I am in danger.

The guy is hilarious, a powerhouse in combat (easily best tank I have, period), and just enjoyable in general. But damn, his foot steps are so loud and threatening sounding I constantly feel like I am under attack or an impending boss is barreling down on me.

When I went to the Circle Tower, the head templar Gregoire said something along the lines of "It's been quiet for awhile," and I thought he was joking because I thought Shale's footsteps were abominations pounding at the doors (had just gotten Shale and wasn't aware of his footsteps being that loud).

Plus, makes it a bit hard to hear his jokes when he talks to party members when his footsteps drown out whatever they are saying. I get that he is a big, heavy golem, blah blah blah, but jeez, I don't need a constant sound effect drowning everything out to remind me of that.
I'm not your buddy, guy.
GT: hannwaters23

User Info: FerretDruid

FerretDruid
8 years ago#2
I wish I could have named him. I would have picked "Stompy"

But dog is more annoying with the barking in camp while having conversations with someone else. At least I can stop and listen with the random wandering dialog.
Bear with me... things are about to get grizzly!
Fox is HOT!

User Info: bshrumblue

bshrumblue
8 years ago#3
Alastair actually ends up being a better tank endgame.....just so you know.

User Info: Denethor0

Denethor0
8 years ago#4
LOL, I know what you mean.....still remember when I left the village that I found him in and he see's a chicken...then THOMP....no chicken ROFL while he tries to look innocent.

User Info: Viper114

Viper114
8 years ago#5
I guess none of you have done Shale's Deep Roads quest and found out the truth behind the golem...I'd offer to say, but I don't want to spoil anything.
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."

User Info: Denethor0

Denethor0
8 years ago#6
Just left the village where I found him so no but sounds intriguing :D, guess I have to go to the dwarf's place as soon as I am done in redcliff then :D
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. I DO love Shale, but...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived