• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
azure hawk 11 years ago#1
I remember on all the other versions I've played, you can get the canoe before fighting the earth fiend, yet on this version, I'm on my LG Dare if it helps, they don't want to give me that canoe yet. Anyone else see this problem? I like to d o things different and kill him last or so at times.
'Hakuna Matata translates into "Up Yours" in Swahili.' - Mad magazine
'Zombies are your manifestation of wanting to shoot your neighbors.' Adam Savage
Efrate 11 years ago#2
You always had to kill Lich to get the canoe the one exception may be the original but its been so long since I dusted off my cart that idk. The sage says you have proven your worth have a canoe(basically) but if you go before he says something like prove yourself then come back!
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads
redemptioner 11 years ago#3
ugh, no, you had to kill lich before canoe,
you can still class change/kill tiamat/kraken before you kill the fire fiend tho
LawlzerPanzers!
azure hawk 11 years ago#4
Not true, Efrate. I've owned this game on the NES in the 80's, the PS1, the GBA and all versions you could get the canoe before setting foot into the Earth Cave. This one seems to be the exception. And a rather poor port, too.
'Hakuna Matata translates into "Up Yours" in Swahili.' - Mad magazine
'Zombies are your manifestation of wanting to shoot your neighbors.' Adam Savage
crovaxfrostmane 11 years ago#5
Having just finished playing through the NES version and the GBA version, I can assure you that no, you cannot get the canoe before the earth fiend in either one. I always go to Crescent Lake before I do the Earth Cave to grind GP and pick up some new gear, so yes, I checked.
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Claimed.Doctor_rigatoni65/1 5:52AM

GameFAQs Q&A