• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: fifinambo

fifinambo
11 years ago#1
I posted this question in a topic in a DMC4 topic but to no avail. I thought I would try here instead since more people were complaining about Dante's coat in DMC3. Here's what I posted before:

Again with the topic of Dante being gay? Why do so many people think this?

Many guys in Japanese games are a part of and targeted towards the Japanese mindset. Many guys in Japan care much more about how they look, and their want to seem fashionable. Just because this is different from American idealistics does that make them gay?

Example:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/kim_grint/Tomoya%20Nagase/jp20050330_nagase05_resize.jpg

Also as I recall didn't Dante almost kiss Lady? I don't recall him trying to make out with Arkham/Jester or Vergil... >.>)

Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.

User Info: Snake4eva_92

Snake4eva_92
11 years ago#2
Dante is too cool to be gay also, even if he were gay Virgil is his brother, if you were gay would you make out with Arkham/Jester?

fifinambo
11 years ago#3
Well, weren't a lot of people complaining way back when the third game came out that Dante seemed gay because of his coat and because of his, "WHOO" yells?

User Info: JochNessMonster

JochNessMonster
11 years ago#4
Dante blatantly obvious isn't meant to be gay (the picture of a scantily clad woman in his office in both DMC1 and 3; the line to Vergil there were no "babes"; the line to himself that he had "rotten luck with women"; the fact that he nearly tried to kiss Lady (rather him than me >_>), but she turned away, etc.) , but people are idiots.

Now Vergil on the other hand... <_<
The Joch Ness Monster does really exist

fifinambo
11 years ago#5
Haha, no way! Why would he be? He's already married...to his job.

User Info: Rain_of_Light

Rain_of_Light
11 years ago#6
You guys make it sound like it would be a bad thing. I doubt he's gay but If he was I don't see how that would make him any less badass.

An angry lesbian might be able to do Dante's job better though.
GET IN MEH BELLEH!!!!!!!!!

User Info: MaxAKChallie

MaxAKChallie
11 years ago#7
In Japanese games, all girls/women (but mostly girls >_>) wear miniskirts, all men seem pretty feminine, etc. I'm pretty feminine myself. My muscle is long, and well built. In other words, effective. Body builder crap is all for show. None of that muscle is very effective for anything other than weight lifting and impressing idiots. Muscle is only really good for the things you used to build them, and it's really all about quality over quantity.

No real Spartan looks like that Kratos fool.

Also as I recall didn't Dante almost kiss Lady? I don't recall him trying to make out with Arkham/Jester or Vergil... >.>)

LAWL!

Now Vergil on the other hand... <_<

Ahaha, yeah, right. I couldn't imagine him caring about anything other than POWAAH!!

You guys make it sound like it would be a bad thing. I doubt he's gay but If he was I don't see how that would make him any less badass.

This.

It's sad, isn't it? The amount of homophobes out there..

User Info: JochNessMonster

JochNessMonster
11 years ago#8
I wouldn't mind if Dante was gay; I just pointed out the things which made him obviously not gay. But, hey, if he'd had a picture of a semi-clad muscular man in his office, talked about how he had "rotten luck with men", tried but failed to kiss Arkham, etc., I would argue just as vociferously that he was meant to be gay.
The Joch Ness Monster does really exist

User Info: Kit_Sakurazuka

Kit_Sakurazuka
11 years ago#9
Fact 1: Many Japanese females, and a growing number of females from other parts of the world, like pretty men, and especially enjoy it when these pretty men are gay with other pretty men. (Go to Amazon.com and run a search for 'yaoi' if you don't believe me.)

Fact 2: Japanese game companies realize this, and exploit it in order to broaden a game's demographic (This is why Final Fantasy heroes look the way they do, BTW).

many things about DMC3 could have come right out of a 'how to push a yaoi fangirl's buttons' rulebook; Dante and Vergil's costume/character designs (bare chest versus militaryish jacket), contrasting color schemes/personalities, the fact that they're twins...Not to mention all that phallic swordplay and Dante's penchant for getting stabbed suggestively...

It may seem weird to a guy, but hey, at least Vergil's humanoid...XD People were slashing Dante with all sorts of things after the first game, including Alastor, Ifrit and the occasional Marionette (o.O)

(Not to say that I think Dante's actually intended to be gay, or that I missed the blatant DantexLady, just that, yeah, if certain things make you stop and wonder, there's a decent chance that it was on purpose.)
Female gamer/yaoi fangirl/new PS3 owner
Currently playing: Persona 3 (undub), FF7: Crisis Core (PSP), Heavenly Sword (PS3)

User Info: Kamui_Moon

Kamui_Moon
11 years ago#10
The truth has been out there for a while.

Rebellion=a giant dick.
Some people think they can outsmart me... Maybe... Maybe... I have yet to meet one that can outsmart bullet.
  • Topic Archived