• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: nightwind13x

nightwind13x
13 years ago#1
Gamestop/EB are shipping out single copies to stores that comes with a new style ps2 case, brand new disk,manual, and cover art condition. It comes sealed but are told to unwrap them and sell as used for 39.99. I have a sealed copy waiting for me today from a manager friend :)
GTX 780 SC ACX || 2600K @ 4.5GHZ || 8gb G.Skill Ram || 180GB CorsairGT SSD

User Info: hydra1isk

hydra1isk
13 years ago#2
Any idea when this reprint began? I went to GS yesterday and they didn't even hear about DDS being in stock again.

nightwind13x
13 years ago#3
Some came this week, some coming next week from what I found out. Usually just 1 copy per store and looks like they are gonna do a 1 copy per week shipping thing (same thing they did with Disgaea reprint). Now half of them that i went to refused me and said that their apparent 1 copy in stock was gone...when they open their hold drawer (which means employee has it on hold) but just keep on checking back. Use the store indicator at gamestop.com also for instock copies.

User Info: ShadowKnight74

ShadowKnight74
13 years ago#4
It comes sealed but are told to unwrap them and sell as used

That's just plain silly, and makes me kind of angry too. Why the heck not leave them factory sealed and sell it as new? I'd gladly shell out an extra $10 or whatever for a sealed copy. Some of us neurotic types won't buy a game unless its factory sealed. >: (

User Info: joluh

joluh
13 years ago#5
I'm with Shadow, I just can't buy a game that isn't brand new, I got really lucky with DDS years ago. I would gladly buy a reprint, my DDS disc, although it hasn't given me any problems, I'm paranoid of it getting scratched and not being able to play ever ever again DDD: OH GOD THE HORROR!.

nightwind13x
13 years ago#6
It shouldnt be a problem. They are never used game disk/manuals. Dont let the used price sticker scare you (in fact take advantage of it and use 10% off coupon + egde to get them both for around 33 dollars each nocturne and digital devil saga). Also nocturne is being sold sealed on play-asia for 50 dollars shipped if that helps.

User Info: hydra1isk

hydra1isk
13 years ago#7
Finally decided to just go for it. I'm in college now and the area around me doesn't have any in stock. But I checked the area back at home and the three closest GameStops had it in stock. I don't go home often so I just placed an order online. I hope I got a reprinted copy instead an old, crap one.

User Info: SinisterSyn

SinisterSyn
13 years ago#8
I'm guessing they have to unwrap them so they can put the display box on the shelves and keep the disc in the drawer. Otherwise, they'd either need to create more room to store all of these sealed copies of new games and find another way to display them without having the actual product out there (hard considering most Gamestops I've seen are the size of a walk-in closet). I'm sure they cut back on a ton of theft that could occur otherwise. I honestly don't see how placed like Best Buy aren't missing a ton of games because of that. I do agree that these don't qualify as 'new' anymore once they've been unwrapped, but I don't go to them for new things anyway, so I'm not bothered by it. I'd much rather just buy it used, since I do plan to play it eventually. Unless you're a collector, it shouldn't matter, the game discs are flawless (mine was anyway). I don't really pre-order from them, but I assume all of those are kept sealed at least.

User Info: Rygon

Rygon
13 years ago#9
I read on NeoGaf that he reason they sell these new copies as used is so they can charge whatever they want for it. Atlus gave a suggested retail price for these reprints as $29.99. Gamestop is selling it for $39.99 used. Disgusting.

User Info: ShadowKnight74

ShadowKnight74
13 years ago#10
That's horrible. Screw Gamestop if what the previous poster wrote is true. Anyone know if any other retail outlets are getting copies sent to them? Only store I figure might be getting it would be Fry's Electronics. That's where I found my copy of Gitaroo Man, which had been OOP for a long time until I saw and bought it there less than a year ago. I'd much rather buy DDS new and sealed for $29.99 than pay $39.99 for something that's somewhere in between "new" and "used".
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A