• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
  3. They make it so much more tempting to be dark side on this game than kotor.

User Info: Veraxulous

Veraxulous
8 years ago#11
MadJak91 posted...
Yeah, the whole game is in the gray area and the dark side options seem to be more justifiable sometimes.
Kreia is usually right anyway...

I friggin' love her. So wise in such a manipulative way. She's definitely in my top 5 favorite video game character list. The VA is great too.

User Info: Forgive_Forget

Forgive_Forget
8 years ago#12
It didn't seem more tempting to go to the dark side for me. I went full light side and it almost seemed like dark side choices weren't even there.
Poker dice champ since winning two games in a row

User Info: Gamerman99999

Gamerman99999
8 years ago#13
I usually find dark side better because you get so much better force powers.
Light Side: Heal, Aura, Stun =/
Dark Side: Lightning, Poison, Choke, Steal Life, Steal Force, Force Scream. =DD

Plus, having a red lightsaber looks cooler than a blue or green one and we all know that you cant have a red lightsaber unless you're dark side =P
Sometimes I play as Light Side though, just to give me a challenge.
Playing: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, KOTOR 2, Torchlight 2, Gladiator Begins, Minecraft =3

User Info: l33t_ninj4_1337

l33t_ninj4_1337
8 years ago#14
Veraxulous posted...
MadJak91 posted...
Yeah, the whole game is in the gray area and the dark side options seem to be more justifiable sometimes.
Kreia is usually right anyway...

I friggin' love her. So wise in such a manipulative way. She's definitely in my top 5 favorite video game character list. The VA is great too.

I know. I can't count the amount of times when I'm in full immersion mode and I end up agreeing with her a ton before remembering that the dialogue choices she's convincing me to take are screwing up my influence with everybody else :P
I am fully aware that my username is stupid.
In my defense, I made it when I was 14. I, too, was pretty stupid back then.

User Info: vicheron

vicheron
8 years ago#15
"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever.” - Kreia

"Wipe this pathetic planet from the face of the galaxy." - Darth Malak

That pretty much sums up the difference between KotoR 2 and KotoR.

User Info: Gamerman99999

Gamerman99999
8 years ago#16
vicheron posted...
"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever.” - Kreia

"Wipe this pathetic planet from the face of the galaxy." - Darth Malak

That pretty much sums up the difference between KotoR 2 and KotoR.

That and the superior upgrading system in kotor 2.
Playing: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, KOTOR 2, Torchlight 2, Gladiator Begins, Minecraft =3

User Info: Realism1

Realism1
8 years ago#17
Yeah, the whole game subtly pushes you to go dark.

Even the LS choices are just "milder" DS choices. There's no win-win situations in this game.

Especially on Nar-Shadaar, that place just makes you want to pick DS choices all the time because almost everyone is a jerk to you. The part where the guy lies to the Exchange and says that you own them money, that pissed me off and made me wanna kill him.

The dialogue is also much better in this game, it has some of the most intriguing dialogue I've heard in any Star Wars story. Especially the part where Atton explains to you how to kill a Jedi in detail, that was just great.

Also Hanharr is awesome, the best wookie ever, he's different from any Wookie you've seen.

User Info: sigma_1932

sigma_1932
8 years ago#18
Gamerman99999 posted...
That and the superior upgrading system in kotor 2.

I think I'd call it "bloated" before I'd call it "superior".
Forgive him father, for he knows not what ticket he purchases...
Yeah I do... see? Zombies! =^.^=

User Info: DANTE20XX

DANTE20XX
8 years ago#19
because almost everyone is a jerk to you.

To be honest this fits perfectly as well. Not only in the star wars universe (which is almost like the wild west in space - everybody for themselves) but also the fact that Nar Shaddaa is like any huge city on earth I feel....everybody's an ass :\

No way! It's much better. Sure, there's a TON of choices in it and everything, but more choice is always better. It's a step-up from the overly simple, and even inconsistent, upgrade system in KOTOR1.
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.

User Info: sigma_1932

sigma_1932
8 years ago#20
Dante200X posted...

No way! It's much better. Sure, there's a TON of choices in it and everything, but more choice is always better.

The presence of choices doesn't automatically make the system better. If those extra choices don't make a significant difference in gameplay, then they're just fluff...and fluff isn't better or worse... it's just more of the same thing.

Case in point-- seriously, what difference does it make if you have 1 stun upgrade choice vs. 6-8 barely-different stun upgrade choices when stunning enemies just wastes a round and you're better off skipping the stun effect, and just killing them a round faster instead (possibly facilitated by adding damage upgrades in place of stun upgrades)? I mean, when it comes down to it, dead beats stun as far as status effects go.

...and don't say "role-playing", cuz that's utter BS. Self-imposed restrictions is not role-playing but rather some kinda cacamamie virtual LARPing arse-hattery. I shouldn't have to pretend that stunning an enemy doesn't just waste a round... it should be built into the game's mechanics in such a way that it gives a distinct and signficiant advantage if I'm going to consider it more than fluff.
Forgive him father, for he knows not what ticket he purchases...
Yeah I do... see? Zombies! =^.^=
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
  3. They make it so much more tempting to be dark side on this game than kotor.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A