• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
  3. They make it so much more tempting to be dark side on this game than kotor.

User Info: DANTE20XX

DANTE20XX
8 years ago#21
The presence of choices doesn't automatically make the system better. If those extra choices don't make a significant difference in gameplay, then they're just fluff...and fluff isn't better or worse... it's just more of the same thing.

Yeah but there IS a lot more choices and some that are actually better compared to the limited choices in the first game.
Case in point-- seriously, what difference does it make if you have 1 stun upgrade choice vs. 6-8 barely-different stun upgrade choices when stunning enemies just wastes a round and you're better off skipping the stun effect, and just killing them a round faster instead (possibly facilitated by adding damage upgrades in place of stun upgrades)? I mean, when it comes down to it, dead beats stun as far as status effects go.

That's exactly why I don't use stun...there's no real point IMO. It could be useful for me? Nah I'd just take the damage or something else. That wasn't a good example really.
I shouldn't have to pretend that stunning an enemy doesn't just waste a round...it should be built into the game's mechanics in such a way that it gives a distinct and significant advantage

Eh....what? They're stunned for like 2 or more turns (it might even be 3). Again, I don't really use it, but it's definitely NOT useless. Everybody on your side can freely hit that enemy if they get stunned (which is great for any scoundrel class because of the bonus damage).
It's not fluff if it has a use :|

I can see why you'd not want to use it and instead go right for damage, but stuns are not in any way a "waste of a round".
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.

User Info: cluecat

cluecat
8 years ago#22
So far i'm pretty annoyed at how they handle being light side in this game it feels like the game rarely gives you a true option for a "good" resolution, then if you take whatever option does not include killing or extortion Kreia calls you an idiot and lectures you about how you actually just did something worse than if you had just 'effing killed the person.

User Info: ArrogantRat

ArrogantRat
8 years ago#23
Thinking about doing a replay, but I'm a little burnt on KOTOR.
I am Jesus. I am God. I am the Lord of all Creation.
Bow before me, you worthless, vile scum.

User Info: The_tall_midget

The_tall_midget
8 years ago#24
cluecat posted...
So far i'm pretty annoyed at how they handle being light side in this game it feels like the game rarely gives you a true option for a "good" resolution, then if you take whatever option does not include killing or extortion Kreia calls you an idiot and lectures you about how you actually just did something worse than if you had just 'effing killed the person.

If you think that the light side means "goodie goodie all the time" then you don't understand the star wars universe.
Rule 1 of any mystery : Wizard did it. Always
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
  3. They make it so much more tempting to be dark side on this game than kotor.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A