• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
  3. They make it so much more tempting to be dark side on this game than kotor.

User Info: ArrogantRat

ArrogantRat
8 years ago#1
Like it's not

>kill this baby
>do nothing
>give the baby's mother 500 credits

They give you way more tempting things to do that aren't outright morally repulsive.
I am Jesus. I am God. I am the Lord of all Creation.
Bow before me, you worthless, vile scum.

User Info: MadJak91

MadJak91
8 years ago#2
Yeah, the whole game is in the gray area and the dark side options seem to be more justifiable sometimes.
Kreia is usually right anyway...
Gaming paradox - The lower the score the better the game
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaccob5/

User Info: sigma_1932

sigma_1932
8 years ago#3
Obsidian writing vs. Bioware writing.
Forgive him father, for he knows not what ticket he purchases...
Yeah I do... see? Zombies! =^.^=

User Info: MadJak91

MadJak91
8 years ago#4
sigma_1932 posted...
Obsidian writing vs. Bioware writing.

:D
I guess...
Gaming paradox - The lower the score the better the game
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaccob5/

User Info: Carribean_Cool

Carribean_Cool
8 years ago#5
Sucks this game was rushed. With all the cut content, no doubt it would had blown Kotor 1 out of the water and be GOTY.
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.

User Info: ArrogantRat

ArrogantRat
8 years ago#6
Sucks this game was rushed. With all the cut content, no doubt it would had blown Kotor 1 out of the water and be GOTY.

Yeah, even some of the stuff from the restoration mod just felt tacked on.

I was expecting more from it tbh.
I am Jesus. I am God. I am the Lord of all Creation.
Bow before me, you worthless, vile scum.

User Info: Realism1

Realism1
8 years ago#7
Well I have just started playing this game after beating KOTOR (with the restored content mod).

I'm at the point where I'm about to leave Peragasus

And so far, I think KOTOR 2 is much more cinematic than the first KOTOR. I literally feel like I'm watching a movie. All the cutscenes look like something out of a movie (especially the party where you see Darth Sion for the first time, that really got me worried, I thought my character was done for).

And as far as the writing and dialogue, I just have to say this, the first 2 interactions in the game you have with Atton and HK-50 was more entertaining than just about all the dialogue in KOTOR 1. I couldn't believe it, I felt like I was having a real conversation, whereas in KOTOR 1 the convo can be kind of stuff.

And the writing and design of the Peragasus level was something, a good amount of puzzle solving, intense frustration, madness, and mystery. Something that KOTOR 1 never even came close to.

Also, the game gives you a solid, good reason to be jerks to Kreia and Atton. Right from the beginning you don't trust them, you don't know what they're about, they're mysterious and shady. Whereas in the first game you had no good reason to be jerks to Carth or Bastila, it makes no sense.

Yeah, it seems Kreia and Atton are much more interesting than Carth and Bastila, they just feel like simple characters now.

KOTOR 2 already feels like a better game. I can't wait to play it more.

User Info: Realism1

Realism1
8 years ago#8
Oh and by the way, did anyone ever got that Carth recording inside the Harbinger, when he was talking to the Captain on the ship?

That really surprised me and caught me off-guard, another awesomely written part by the writers.

User Info: Carribean_Cool

Carribean_Cool
8 years ago#9
You know, I always thought Obsidian had far better writers than Bioware. Kotor 2's darker theme is done really well, especially with all the content. Alpha Protocol was really well done too in terms of twists, writing, and all your choices having an impact and playing a role. Hell, I hear some people prefer New Vegas to FO3, I never played NV.

It's like Obsidian is tainted no matter what. What they excel greatly in one thing, something else has to be sacrificed, such as bugs. It's because they're always rushed. It's not fair, KOTOR 2 would have put them on the map had it not been rushed, and sky rocket their reputation. They are an amazing company, it's just they always get screwed over. And the worst part is, Obsidian actually wanted to restore all the cut content, but LA said no for some stupid reason.
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.

User Info: sigma_1932

sigma_1932
8 years ago#10
Yep, that's why Project: Eternity is a kickstarter project.
Forgive him father, for he knows not what ticket he purchases...
Yeah I do... see? Zombies! =^.^=
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
  3. They make it so much more tempting to be dark side on this game than kotor.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A