• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: NightmareKind

NightmareKind
9 years ago#1
Where is TSLRP? Is everyone just using Darth Stoney's mod instead? Someone please fill me in.

User Info: cogadh

cogadh
9 years ago#2
TSLRP is long dead. The team fell apart until there was only one left, Dashus, and he decided his personal life was more important than the mod (not necessarily unreasonable, but it still sucks). The final nail in the coffin was the loss of the Team's website when the site admin, KillerBob, had to change her server provider and Dashus never bothered to update the site's DNS host with the new IP information. Luckily Darth Stoney and Co. stepped in with their version of a restoration project and that is pretty much what everyone is using now.

User Info: redeadlink

redeadlink
9 years ago#3
Darth Stoney's mod ROCKS!!!! added 3 more hours to my game. then again, i was doing my "full" run anyway.
"Aaaa!!!! It's the Demon! Hes gonna tear off my arms and use them for Maracas!" - H3 Grunt
GT: wemester

User Info: red255

red255
9 years ago#4
Link to the mod everyone uses.

It sounds like Darth Stoney decided to incorporate some of Team Gizka's dead project into it after they completely died no?

I ran some early version last time I played thru. was very basic revealing of unfinished pieces of the game that were.... well there, just unfinished.

Regardless is Darth Stoney DONE with his mod now?
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: Bueller117

Bueller117
9 years ago#5
Is Darth Stoney currently working on anything or is he taking a break?

cogadh
9 years ago#6

red255 posted...
Link to the mod everyone uses.

It sounds like Darth Stoney decided to incorporate some of Team Gizka's dead project into it after they completely died no?

I ran some early version last time I played thru. was very basic revealing of unfinished pieces of the game that were.... well there, just unfinished.

Regardless is Darth Stoney DONE with his mod now?

Currently at version 1.7:http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240

No, he did not incorporate anything that Gizka was doing (except maybe that famous lean animation), but he did learn from them. The end result is basically the same, but the methods behind how they were accomplished were quite different. Some have said that the Gizka mod was a lot more "polished" than Stoney's, but that's really just a matter of opinion.

The mod is done, but as with any mod, they are always tweaking it. The most recent update was released last month.

Bueller117 posted...
Is Darth Stoney currently working on anything or is he taking a break?

Still playing with it.

Bueller117
9 years ago#7
does the launcher change again from 1.6 to 1.7? or did he just say that to anybody who had not previously downloaded the mod

Bueller117
9 years ago#8
also, can you post a link for me that does not require me to have an account on deadlystream.com please?

cogadh
9 years ago#9
Wish I could, but that is the home page of the mod and right now the only place to download it. That's why I haven't downloaded it myself yet, I'm waiting for it to show up on kotorfiles.com, which doesn't require registration.

Bueller117
9 years ago#10
let me know when it does show up on kotorfiles.com if you wouldn't mind, i'd greatly appreciate it.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers