New Playthrough

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Gamer7625

Gamer7625
5 years ago#1
So after getting advice on my Playthrough, I restarted my game and am playing though. I have decided to train Eaoden and Morwin as "second string" players for Idrial and Hadhod respectively. Right now I am close to getting Hadhod and once I get him I will post my current stats and my stats as I go through the game.

I did go to Evil Mode on my 100% playthrough and get the Stones from the Pelenor Fields battle, enough for everyone along woth Isildur's Sword, which I do not plan on equipping right now due to me wanting to train people's skills up quickly early on. I am not using the Spirit Stones I got from the Evil Mode Pelenor Field battle, but everyone is getting one of the other three until I find other/possibly better stones for certain things except Armor and Action, I feel I'll keep those 2 permanently. I do, however, plan on giving Idrial, Elegost, and Eaoden the Shadowcraft Stone while giving Eaoden and Elegost the Lightcraft Stone

So my team will be:

Berethor, Idrial/Eaoden, Hadhod/Morwin

Berethor. Idrial/Eaoden, Elegost

When I will use the teams will differ on situations and Eaoden/Morwin as I stated earlier are "second string" characters to be used in emergencies or when forced.
In time even the best things crumble. We can not stop it, only accept
Destruction always comes before Creation!~Lelouch vi Britannia. Lelouch of the Rebellion.

User Info: Cicatriz_ESP

Cicatriz_ESP
5 years ago#2
Think of your team as a 6 character team, always. Use everyone at least once in battle so that everyone gets EXP.

About the elfstones. I got 6x of every Ancient elfstone (did Pelennor Fields EM six times). I've started a new NO-STAT game and I already did all EM chapters.

In the end I plan to have 6x of each elfstone.

Please do remember our advise about stats.

Berethor - STR, SPD, DEX
Hadhod - STR, SPD, DEX
Morwen - STR
Elegost - SPR, SPD, DEX
Idrial - SPR, SPD
Eaoden - SPR, SPD
Sephiroth kills a lady and white materia drops to the floor. But when Cloud mows the lawn, it's brown materia that drops.

Gamer7625
5 years ago#3
I am increasing those stats in my characters. Currently my characters are 12-13 and I beat The Watcher in the Water for the second time. Here are my current stat distributions, bare in mind some increased with armor but for Berethor I do NOT have the Sword of Isildur equipped, I still am keeping it for when it's not going to one shot everything so my characters can get Skill Points:

Berethor: Str-40, Spr-29, Const.-20, Spd-33, Dex-32
Idrial: Str-16, Spr-43, Const.-18, Spd-41, Dex-26
Elegost: Str-24, Spr-28, Const-22, Spd-32, Dex-34
Hadhod: Str-28, Spr-18, Const-40, Spd-26, Dex-25

So far these are the skills my characters have learned:
Berethor: Orc Bane, Counter Attack, Company Valor, Fellowship Graces
Idrial: Wounding Strike, Haste of the Elves (10 points from Stunning Strike)
Elegost-Arrow Flurry, Piercing Will, Pierce Will (15 points from Arrows of Sleep)
Hadhod-None (15 points from Mountain Shield, the only Spirit Attack I'm going for for him)
Destruction always comes before Creation!~Lelouch vi Britannia. Lelouch of the Rebellion.

Cicatriz_ESP
5 years ago#4
Hi Gamer,

Can you do a little test for me?

Whenever I open the 'Scenes' submenu, the game highlights the second scene ('Nazgul agenda'), even though I have all scenes. Can you confirm if the same thing happens to you?

Thanks in advance.
Sephiroth kills a lady and white materia drops to the floor. But when Cloud mows the lawn, it's brown materia that drops.

User Info: VVolf316

VVolf316
5 years ago#5
Yes, if you don't use the character once per battle, he/she only receives half the EXP.

Never thought about Elegost learning Light/Shadowcraft...Triple Fear does sound pretty neat though.

Heh, to me, Berethor, Idrial, Elegost and Hadhod will always be my dream team. The Original Four, if you will. Morwen and Eaoden just feels out of place. Not to mention the ridiculous BerethorxMorwen pairing that was more or less shoved down my throat...

I never let Berethor or Hadhod learn Counter Attack until very late-game. Screws up my skill farming when they do.

Recommended skills to get ASAP, and what to not get:

Berethor
Sword Craft
- Stunning Strike, Targeted Strike (late game enemies all have ridiculous armour), Gondor Rampage.
- Ignore Defensive Strike. Orc/Uruk Hai Bane comes with turn penalties. Might as well use Ecthelion Wrath for better damage.
Leadership
- Stand Fast, Fellowship Grace, Shield of Courage, Company Power.
- Ignore War Call/Cry and All Retreat.
Passive Skills
- Ithilien Inspire (lower AP cost during Perfect Mode, which should be throughout the entire game), Immune to Fear, Double Attack.

Idrial (be sure to learn ShadowCraft)
Sword Craft
- Stunning Strike. Destined Strike if you want to skill farm (very low damage that never misses)
Spirit Powers
- Ignore Valinor Endurance. Aura of the Valar is overrated. And never use Water Stallion.
Passive Skills
- Full Gift of Lorien, Fury of the Valar, Haste of the Valar, Frenzy.

Elegost
Bow Craft
- Crippling Shot, True Shot.
Ranger Craft
- Piercing Might (low AP usage. Invaluable early game), Arrows of Sleep, Paralyzing Shot, Kingsfoil Grace (for skill farming), Arrow Splinters.
- Fangorn Roots is only useful if you get it early. Otherwise most enemies will be immune to Bind late-game.
Passive Skills
- Frenzy, Sleep Volley, Crippling Might. Any skills that gives him more turns or boosts his DEX.

Hadhod
Axe Craft
- Crippling Smash, Hew Armor (low damage = skill farming), Stone Hewer, Durin Wrath, Rampage of Durin.
- Ignore Beserk and Smite if you have Overwhelming Axes active (Passive Skill for 100% critical strike). Though I've heard that Beserk (100% triple critical) overrides Overwhelming Axes?
Spirit Powers
- Endure Flame if you want to skill farm.
Passive Skills
- Overwhelming Axes! Double Attack.

Morwen
Axe Craft
- Battle Haste (skill farming), Paralyzing Wound, Stunning Cleave, Rohirric Rampage.
Thief Craft
- Steal Item and Seize Skill are there from the start - her best moves. Steal Action is great for solo skill farming. Steal Experience can help if you want to grind. Cloak of the Plains doesn't last long enough for my taste.
Passive Skills
- Overwhelming Blows, Double Attack.
- Ignore Inspire Crafting and Potion Hastening unless you use Item Craft, which I never.

Eaoden (learn both Light and ShadowCraft)
Spear Craft
- Rupture Armor, Enraging Blow (double critical), Rampage of Helm.
Spirit Powers
- He already has the best ones right off the bat - Drain Health, Drain Spirit, Dispel. Get Channel Spirit and Shatter Armor. You can go for Scatter Health if you're patient enough.
- Ignore Silence Evil if you already have Silence from ShadowCraft (which hits all targets)

LightCraft
- Gift of Galadriel, Power of the Valar, Sleep (useful until Elegost learns Sleep Volley), Suffocate Evil, Blinding Light.

ShadowCraft
- Dispel (Eaoden's is better, hits all targets), Silence, Crippling, Fear (ultimate crowd control. Seems not to work on enemies immune to Bind?), Black Speech (Uruks are weak against Shadow, I think), Wheel of Fire.
The problem with EA is, instead of unlocking secrets, you get to unlock bugs and glitches. It's much fun.

Gamer7625
5 years ago#6
Cicatriz_ESP posted...
Hi Gamer,

Can you do a little test for me?

Whenever I open the 'Scenes' submenu, the game highlights the second scene ('Nazgul agenda'), even though I have all scenes. Can you confirm if the same thing happens to you?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, sorry haha.

As for my team and the skills: I did plan on getting them most of those skills and have worked on the skills I will get at the very least and the amount of points I need for them.

I found out the most amount of points I'll need is 405 and that's for Morwen's Dual Axe Tree. For characters like Berethor's Sword Craft, Hadhod's Axe Craft, and Elegost's Bow Craft I plan on just working on those through the story since it shouldn't be too difficult go get the amount of points for them through general game-play.

Eaoden and Morwin will probably get special training Berethor, Idrial, Elegost/Hadhod are still my main team

User Info: VVolf316

VVolf316
5 years ago#7
Gamer7625 posted...
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, sorry haha.

As for my team and the skills: I did plan on getting them most of those skills and have worked on the skills I will get at the very least and the amount of points I need for them.

I found out the most amount of points I'll need is 405 and that's for Morwen's Dual Axe Tree. For characters like Berethor's Sword Craft, Hadhod's Axe Craft, and Elegost's Bow Craft I plan on just working on those through the story since it shouldn't be too difficult go get the amount of points for them through general game-play.

Eaoden and Morwin will probably get special training Berethor, Idrial, Elegost/Hadhod are still my main team

? I think Cicatriz's question was quite straight forward.
Whenever I open the 'Scenes' submenu, the game highlights the second scene. Can you confirm if the same thing happens to you?
To put it more clearly, open the "Scenes" option from the menu (where you watch the videos). And you'd probably realize that the second scene is automatically highlighted/chosen, instead of the first.

Cicatriz wants to know if it's normal. I think it is, when you're gotten all the scenes. Probably a bug or something, which is common with this game. Take the game completion rate on your save file. In a few consoles (including my own - PS2), when you defeat Sauron, you will only reach 99%. You can never get 100%.
The problem with EA is, instead of unlocking secrets, you get to unlock bugs and glitches. It's much fun.

Cicatriz_ESP
5 years ago#8
Thank you very much VVolf. That's exactly what I meant. It all comes down to whether you want to help someone or not (or just get help for your little matters and then move on).

Gamer7625
5 years ago#9
Cicatriz_ESP posted...
Thank you very much VVolf. That's exactly what I meant. It all comes down to whether you want to help someone or not (or just get help for your little matters and then move on).

I apologize for not being totally sure what you were meaning as I never really noticed it always starting on the second scene.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived