• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
  3. This game is still worth playing

User Info: cliffo1992

cliffo1992
5 years ago#1
Only through an emulator on a pc with 1920x1080 resolution.

Too good!
I like being human because of computers

User Info: cliffo1992

cliffo1992
5 years ago#2
Wait this game is really ****ing hard.
I'm just past the part where you rescue the girl from the village that is getting burnt down and it is ridiculous.

What is an easy way to level up in this game? I need it
I like being human because of computers
(message deleted)

User Info: VVolf316

VVolf316
5 years ago#4
The game never requires grinding, even on hard, if you know what you're doing.

Always utilize status inflicting skills that "stuns", "sleeps", "slows/cripples", etc, your enemies whenever you can. It's the bread and butter of this game. Your focus should always be on delaying the enemy from taking turns.

When you rescue Morwen (i.e. Rohan), the difficulty level does get bumped up quite a lot, but you'll soon get used to it.
The problem with EA is, instead of unlocking secrets, you get to unlock bugs and glitches. It's much fun.
(message deleted)

User Info: Chig77

Chig77
5 years ago#6
I found this game awesome back when it first released and just bought it again for the Xbox which is compatible with the 360.... Game is STILL awesome!!! they should have made the fellowship games based off the same build the 3rd Age used...
---
In the heat of the moment it's forgiveable to go Wiffle Ball Bat to FACE!

User Info: DaGreatOnelol

DaGreatOnelol
5 years ago#7
i find it weird EA wanted the movie games to be Action oriented while games not relevant to the movies are real time strategy.
"Damn right and I'll do it again. I am right so I gotz to win" - DMX

User Info: VVolf316

VVolf316
5 years ago#8
IGNGames posted...
This game definitely requires grinding if you want to learn the more powerful abilities, which you should.

Ah, you meant "skill-farming", not grinding. That I can agree to a certain extent, since you can easily do that (and which you should do so) during the mandatory battles.

And even still, I do not agree that having more powerful skills would make the game easier (I am, of course, referring to the turn penalties that come with them). All you really need are the stuns, cripples, etc, and you can easily breeze through 90% of the game.
The problem with EA is, instead of unlocking secrets, you get to unlock bugs and glitches. It's much fun.
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
  3. This game is still worth playing
  • Topic Archived