I still wonder what they were thinking when they made the last boss.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
  3. I still wonder what they were thinking when they made the last boss.

User Info: YoungGganon

YoungGganon
5 years ago#1
Seriously, most under whelming, most ridiculous idea for a final boss. The eye of Sauron? That's not even possible! This was probably the only things that legitimately bugged me about this game. Should've just made the Mouth of Sauron or, hell, The Witch-King as the final boss. Would've been much more epic and climactic I think. Seriously....the eye.
(Now replaying all of the Kingdom Hearts series)
~Not changing this sig until Morgan Freeman voices a character in Kingdom Hearts.
(message deleted)

User Info: drclaeys

drclaeys
5 years ago#3
Friends,

Yep, plus, when they show it, its up on a tall tower.. how the heck are you going to get 100 feet in the air. its just nuts.

ANd if you know what was coming up, it was not even that tough of a fight. so yep, kind a lame.

I do like when you can play the bad guys, and then YOU play the eye. He seems like 5 times more powerful, then when you fight HIM. Kind wild.

Thank you for sharing.
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
5 years ago#4
It's dumb, but better than the alternative - a 2 hour battle against a politely waiting line of 30 enemies behind 4 enemies, all delaying the inevitable. If you could have the entire party fighting in one go rather than 3 or 4, maybe that would be good, but clearly this game failed in recreating the massive battles in the third-person action games of the films. Instead it was fighting 3 or 4 enemies sporadically in a desolate battlefield or city.

Alright game, but a spin-off would've been suited for turn based combat. Unfortunately they only had the licence for the film, so couldn't really use creative licence. Think you really have to put in stellar work to make a turn-based game a good game today anyway, since we have the power of technology to make the same battle real-time and much more emotional.

Oh and BTW I'm pretty sure I saw an entrance at the top of the tower, from a winding staircase. Why that's there, I don't know, perhaps when Sauron needed his hourly eye-drops put in, but it explains how they got there, even if it still makes no sense.
The two argument-winning fads of forums: 1) Say 'calm down'. 2) Anyone with a view/opinion different to yours must be a troll, so you must therefore state this.

User Info: MasterAdeptAlex

MasterAdeptAlex
5 years ago#5
It doesn't even make any sense how we got up there on top of Barad'Dur in the first place. First we just finished Pelenor Fields and then the next thing you know your on top of the dark tower of Sauron. They could at least made a Mordor level for Barad'dur with you fighting your way up to the top to confront Sauron. The sense of travel would make more sense for one thing.
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
5 years ago#6
It wasn't even really a last boss; it was just a bonus, the game and story had already ended. The story itself didn't even matter and was just there for the sake of it, the selling point was that it was Lord of the Rings in turn-based RPG form, but doing it with Aragorn and co. limited the possibilities too much, so they had you play as the B team instead.
The two argument-winning fads of forums: 1) Say 'calm down'. 2) Anyone with a view/opinion different to yours must be a troll, so you must therefore state this.

User Info: MonarchPaulos

MonarchPaulos
5 years ago#7
Sauron... it should have been harder, but the EYE of Sauron, well who else was there to fight? The physical form was destroyed by Isidur or whatever his name was- I thought fighting the EYE was kind of a cool thing as I don't think we get to do that anywhere else.
PSN: PaulosBlade, AIM: PaulostheSpy
http://www.youtube.com/user/PaulosTheGamer , I am Paulos Hunter Blade, owner of www.gamelegacies.com preserving legacies!
  1. Boards
  2. The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
  3. I still wonder what they were thinking when they made the last boss.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived