Is there any way to turn off radio commands?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 2
  3. Is there any way to turn off radio commands?

User Info: iscareu13

iscareu13
9 years ago#1
Honestly, i love this game and i play it with my friends all the time... but it gets really old listening to people spamming "INFANTRY SPOTTED" and the like... its even worse when your on mec and its like "BARA HA DUKEY HADA" just spamming over and over again... is there anyway to turn these off?
Hey, iscare, are you on F A Q's right now?
^^ Said By Helio ^^

User Info: _Sunlight_

_Sunlight_
9 years ago#2
OK, I'm gonna post this just once. Any other topic asking about this will cause rage. :D
===

kitteh's guide on how to tweak your own gun & teammate sounds

Program files > Battlefield2 > Mods > bf2 > Settings > Sound.con

1. Open sound.con in notepad.

2. One of the first few lines says:

rem ** Balance between 2d and 3d samples.
sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-default" 0.5
sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-eax" 0.5

This is default.

The numbers should both be the same, you can't have one on 0.7 and the other on 0.6.

0.5 = default sound, your gun is loud and your teammate-sounds as well.
1.0 = Your gun-sound is turned OFF completely (100%), same goes for your teammate-sounds (commander-spam).

3. Change it to whatever feels (sounds) good to you, it can be any number IN BETWEEN 0.5 and 1.0.

This means <0.5 is NOT RECOMMENDABLE (it will completely mess up your sound), lastly; 1.0> is NOT POSSIBLE.

4. Changing it to lets say, 0.75, means that the gun/team-sounds are 50% lower than they would be on default 0.5.

5. After changing these numbers to whatever you like, save sound.con (obviously).

FAQ:

6. It is NOT possible to change the volume of your gunsound and keep your teamsounds default (or the other way around) at the same time. You change it all, it's NOT possible to change it separately (that I know off).

7. Changing this is NOT ILLEGAL, It's NOT BANNED by Punkbuster. It's a con(figuration)-file for a reason, you can change it ingame too (via the ~ console).

8. I personally use:

rem ** Balance between 2d and 3d samples.
sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-default" 0.88
sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-eax" 0.88

BF2: Kite.[eMs] | >rush|ktth
xfire:kitexfire|One of EU's best Squadleaders

User Info: Neopeopleschamp

Neopeopleschamp
9 years ago#3
Isn't there a way to do it in-game? Clicking the audio tab under options and turning one of the bars on the left to 0.

Or am I making this up?
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken

_Sunlight_
9 years ago#4
You're making it up.

User Info: iscareu13

iscareu13
9 years ago#5
Since the numbers have to be the same... does this mean that when i have no commander sounds i also have no gun sounds?
Hey, iscare, are you on F A Q's right now?
^^ Said By Helio ^^

_Sunlight_
9 years ago#6
"6. It is NOT possible to change the volume of your gunsound and keep your teamsounds default (or the other way around) at the same time. You change it all, it's NOT possible to change it separately (that I know off)."

May I ask you politely to actually read the post that I typed out for your question? :D

(team sound = commander as well).
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 2
  3. Is there any way to turn off radio commands?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived