Let's be honest...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 2
  3. Let's be honest...

User Info: _Sunlight_

_Sunlight_
10 years ago#11
Doesn't PB detect AutoHotKey and programs like that? Thought it kicked you for macro-using.., most people have special methods to hide the programs though.
BF2 tags: Kite.[eMs] | Approach|Kittehcat
I'm up for 1v1's @ Bf2, be prepared.. xfire: kitexfire

User Info: Cyrax-Sektor

Cyrax-Sektor
10 years ago#12
My Microsoft mouse has an option for macros, but it's pretty poor. All the other features are nice, but not useless in-game.

User Info: FunkyAvatar

FunkyAvatar
10 years ago#13
A macro is a series of keystrokes and or mouse movements, this would obviously not be detected by PB.

I have a G15 keyboard, this allows you to program macros, I have one that does the following F2-RMB-LMB, I don't consider that cheating, but I don't know.
http://www.bf2stats.nl/player/116571206/ - Truth!!! You want the truth? Well I can't handle the truth!

User Info: Ghost_1800

Ghost_1800
10 years ago#14
... what is so hard about doing this all manually? After 2-3 days of playing almost every action and reaction should be instant anyway.
"I will burn your toast, and no amount of scraping will remove the black! "
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/elcorhamlet/signatures.html

User Info: 683B

683B
10 years ago#15

Ghost1800 posted...
... what is so hard about doing this all manually? After 2-3 days of playing almost every action and reaction should be instant anyway.
---

True and therefore using macros isn't cheating...Just lazyness...BTW green dot aiming, is a program that calculates the perfect center of your screen, it's mainly used for animation, but works well in FPS too, think SpecOps laserdot aim...Just neongreen...

User Info: _Sunlight_

_Sunlight_
10 years ago#16
''BTW green dot aiming, is a program that calculates the perfect center of your screen, it's mainly used for animation, but works well in FPS too, think SpecOps laserdot aim...Just neongreen...''

Erm, no need to have an even better crosshair in bf2 with the ridiculous cone of fire/deviation. Your bullets will never ever go in the exact middle of your screen anyway, hell even sniper rifles fail to do that.
BF2 tags: Kite.[eMs] | Approach|Kittehcat
I'm up for 1v1's @ Bf2, be prepared.. xfire: kitexfire

User Info: parrot_of_adun

parrot_of_adun
10 years ago#17
Ghost1800 posted...
---

This^

User Info: logruszed

logruszed
10 years ago#18
683B: I have no idea what you're trying to say, but any recoil reduction program is absolutely a cheat.

I don't know what a TV Missile macro is, so I have no idea if it's a cheat or not.

If the revive thing is some sort of auto aim for defib then it's obviously a cheat.

a prone macro isn't a cheat since there is a built in delay that won't allow insta-proning, it's just a demonstration that you're, as you said, lazy.

"I'm sorry", etc macros actually sound like a good idea. It's a pain in the butt to do a lot of the mouse movements to use comms in game.

Green-dot aiming sounds like it works the same way as custom crosshairs worked in CS, which I have no problem with at all. The fact is this game should have allowed for custom crosshairs, particularly with some of the crappy ones provided by the designers to be considered. It's won't make you aim better.

I speak/read English. If you want to engage me in some sort of debate then use English.

In summary: Not all macros = "hacks" some are indeed just a way to simplify commands, particularly things like the "sorry" macro which has nothing at all to do with scoring or kills, etc. However any kind of recoil script is a hack/exploit/cheat. You know it and so does everyone else.

So you're a hack or a cheat, fine; don't try and convince people that you're somehow not because you're admitting to it or because you can rationalize doing it. that's like someone who beats their wife but figures it's ok because he admits he has a problem or he says she provoked him. A reason for doing a thing is not an excuse for doing a thing. All things which are done are done for a reason, it's the nature of causation, duh.

If you don't like people judging you negatively for using cheats then either stop using them or don't go seeking approval for using them as if we are all part of some secret conspiracy where we are going to use cheats but pretend we don't. I may suck at this game, but I suck or succeed on the merits of my own ability (and the limitations of a four year old notebook computer that wasn't top of the line even when it was new).

And saying something is ok to do because anyone else "could" do it is particularly stupid. Anyone could go out and steal stuff, that does not mean it's ok for me to go out and steal stuff.

User Info: 683B

683B
10 years ago#19
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

User Info: Mac2492

Mac2492
10 years ago#20
"Anti recoil scripts doesn't exist and if they did, they wouldn't work...Recoil in BF2 is random within specific paragraphs...And scripts wouldn't work at all...Original post was made to see how you morons would react...You're all a bunch of paranoid idiots..."

They didn't know about Battlefield 2 macros, and they trusted that you did.

Don't toy around with people's trust, then turn around and call them "paranoid idiots" for believing you. That's just rude.

"Only Sunlight made a valid argument, about the green dot aiming, everyone else just read 'CHEATER'..."

Sunlight had a valid argument, but it wasn't an argument against you. It was an argument against custom crosshairs in Battlefield 2.

Point is... Some of the macros that you mentioned, real or not, ARE considered cheats. You stated that you used these macros. How can you blame people for calling you a cheater?

"This is why less skilled players cries out 'hacker', 'cheater' all the time..."

You stated that you use macros (some of which are considered cheats). People call you a cheater. Therefore, less skilled players call whoever kills them a "hacker" or "cheater"?

I don't see the connection there.

"So...F**k you all...And merry christmas..."

Clean up your argument before you do your victory dance.
Playing:
Tales of Symphonia (GC - Realtime RPG)... Demon Fang!
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 2
  3. Let's be honest...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived