• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
  3. is it me or is FF2 waaaaaaaay too easy?

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
9 months ago#1
i mean, other than some early random encounters with enemies who were out of my league I've just been cakewalking my way through the game

I'm going to place the Black Mask in the cave to get the Crystal Rod and it's just been an absolute breeze up to this point
I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FUH-LAMING! - Homer Simpson
i.imgur.com/a2EzoIs.gif i.imgur.com/rPcGRiP.gif

HylianFox
9 months ago#2
even Maria, my "weak" mage, can lay waste to pretty much anything in one or two hits, and 90% of the time the enemy attacks don't even land

HylianFox
9 months ago#3
it's hard for me to say that I'm "overleveled' since there are no levels

User Info: Fallacia

Fallacia
9 months ago#4
This is one of those early games where current experience and understanding of how RPGs are supposed to work gives a major advantage compared to the understanding that the average gamer had when the game was originally released back in the 80s. It's almost second-nature today for people to realize how certain character types are supposed to play to be most effective, so it's more intuitive for us to use a character a certain way once we have a "class" in mind, which in turn raises the appropriate stats far more effectively than general level up mechanics in most games.

Although people often disliked the stat mechanics in this game, I do feel it was ahead of its time. That's not to say the implementation was great, but it is still one of my favorite systems when attempted.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

User Info: iridium137

iridium137
9 months ago#5
Nope it's not just you. One time somebody asked me "what's the game with the biggest gamebreaker?" and FFII instantly came to mind. If you understand the mechanics, you can easily bring the game to its knees. Shields can easily make you nearly invincible. Teleport, berserk, and osmose are insanely powerful spells. In fact, there's so many gamebreakers that it's hard to determine which is the biggest offender.

User Info: Big_Nabendu

Big_Nabendu
9 months ago#6
I'm still in ff1 and I think that's way easy. But I'm think I'm over leveled too
The embrace of the Dark is gentle. Let it absorb your sorrows, forever.
\[T]/ Owner of the 500 board and Leader of sunbro board GT Nabendu

HylianFox
9 months ago#7
okay, so the Mysidian Tower caught me off guard, the enemies there(especially the Vampire Girls) are actually pretty tough

but now that's over, and even though the overworld is crawling with Captains and Wizards and Big Horns, they barely even scratch my party

on the plus side, they've helped me level up Ultima and Flare pretty quickly
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
  3. is it me or is FF2 waaaaaaaay too easy?
  • Topic Archived