FF1 GBA Hard Type

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: John_Dane

John_Dane
6 years ago#11
Hmm... well, one of the obvious critiques will be to change the name of the Samurai to Rogue, if only because that sprite looks nothing like a Samurai. It would also make more sense for a Rogue to become a Ninja. Or we could just call a Ninja an "Assassin".

I can't really think of much else though, at least off the top of my head.

User Info: Rabite

Rabite
6 years ago#12
"Hmm... well, one of the obvious critiques will be to change the name of the Samurai to Rogue, if only because that sprite looks nothing like a Samurai."

Already done from what I hear.
The feeble tremble before opinion, the foolish defy it, the wise judge it, the skillful direct it - Jeanne-Marie Roland

User Info: John_Dane

John_Dane
6 years ago#13
Yeah, if that's the only critique I have then this patch is damn good. =)

User Info: FluxMega

FluxMega
6 years ago#14
Just a few suggestions I have...................

I don't think Hermes' Shoes caste Haste on this patch. It appears to cast Temper instead.

The White Wizard is way too powerful. You can break the game by giving him/her the Sage's staff and spamming Holy. Not to mention can equip the Crystal Armor sets. Is it possible to nullify the Sage's staff ability to increase Holy by 100%? Maybe get get rid of the Holy spell altogether. Or replace that spell with something else. This will get players to use him/her more defensively.

Is it possible to add random boss encounter at Chaos level in the Temple Of Fiends including Omega and Shinryu? That would rock. Or add very tough enemy encounter on that level like Death Machine, Tyrannosaur, all the dragons and so on.

Get rid of any stack able spells (Temper, Protera, Invisira, Saber etc etc). You can cast them but will only take affect once. If you cast them again, they will not stack.

Maybe get rid of Phoenix Down and Gold Needle? Or even Dry Ether, X-Potion, Elixir, Megaexilir? This will force players to rely more on strategy and spells instead of grinding for gold and buying the best items.

Is it possible to remove the level 99 cap on this game? Maybe to level 255 instead?

I don't know the programming of this game so my suggestions may make me look stupid but I don't care. As long as it makes this awesome patch even better. :)

FluxMega
6 years ago#15
Few suggestions on spells.

Also noticed the Paladin cannot learn Curaga even though his site said they can. Maybe he can fix that to?
Noticed Diaja is not in this patch. Maybe bring that back only for the White Wizard?
Make Diaga Spell Level 5 back and is now usable by the Paladin.
Make it possible for the Paladin to learn Life as well.
Have Master learn Cura.
Have Ninja can learn Comet.

Rabite
6 years ago#16
"Is it possible to add random boss encounter at Chaos level in the Temple Of Fiends including Omega and Shinryu? That would rock. Or add very tough enemy encounter on that level like Death Machine, Tyrannosaur, all the dragons and so on.

Get rid of any stack able spells (Temper, Protera, Invisira, Saber etc etc). You can cast them but will only take affect once. If you cast them again, they will not stack.

Maybe get rid of Phoenix Down and Gold Needle? Or even Dry Ether, X-Potion, Elixir, Megaexilir? This will force players to rely more on strategy and spells instead of grinding for gold and buying the best items. "

These three seem to work against each other, specifically the second and third working against the first. Imagine getting to the last floor of the game, then suddenly running into Omega. You cast Saber and then can't cast it again. Now you can't penetrate his defense sufficiently to kill him before he annihilates you. Somehow you manage to make it past him... but you have used all your items on the way through the floor and now you're up against Chaos with no restorative items and low MP. If only there were Elixirs or even something to fully heal up your MP with one use. No Phoenix Downs would bring the game back to the way it was, But let's be honest, the NES version wasn't this hard. Not having a way to bring characters back to life at all in this hack would be tantamount to a game over for letting one character die.

I like the idea of having bosses on the final floor, though it could be confusing not knowing which version of Lich you're fighting (though this could be amusing). Will he use Blizzaga? Or will he break out Flare? I think a few enemy names might need to be changed. Specifically the Temple of Fiends versions of the Fiends.

"Have Master learn Cura."

Chakra is more powerful and is a lower level. The Monk/Master isn't really meant to be a healer so I'm going to say this wouldn't work thematically.

"The White Wizard is way too powerful. You can break the game by giving him/her the Sage's staff and spamming Holy. Not to mention can equip the Crystal Armor sets. Is it possible to nullify the Sage's staff ability to increase Holy by 100%? Maybe get get rid of the Holy spell altogether. Or replace that spell with something else. This will get players to use him/her more defensively. "

At the time of the last patch it wasn't known that Sage's Staff buffed Holy (or the Rune Axe has the 25 MP for critical hits feature). So hopefully he can find the address to fix or change this. Finding this could also lead to possibly discovering other features of weapons not known at this time. Or maybe it won't.

"Noticed Diaja is not in this patch. Maybe bring that back only for the White Wizard?
Make Diaga Spell Level 5 back and is now usable by the Paladin."

Diaja has been removed to make room for other spells. Honestly 4 levels of the same spell isn't really worth it for damage spells when you only have 8 levels of spells. This means that of your potential 24 slots 4 of them could be taken up by Dia family.

"Have Ninja can learn Comet."

Honestly I don't think the Ninja should learn level 6 spells anyway. But this would be his call.

"Also noticed the Paladin cannot learn Curaga even though his site said they can. Maybe he can fix that to? "

Thank you for bringing that up.

Note that this is all my opinion. He might take some of this and go with it, I don't know.
The feeble tremble before opinion, the foolish defy it, the wise judge it, the skillful direct it - Jeanne-Marie Roland

Rabite
6 years ago#17
"Maybe get rid of Phoenix Down and Gold Needle? Or even Dry Ether, X-Potion, Elixir, Megaexilir? This will force players to rely more on strategy and spells instead of grinding for gold and buying the best items."

Megalixir seems to be a bit too powerful so I'd agree with removing it. It's basically a House (or whatever they are called in this version) that works anywhere including combat. Maybe make Elixir only work out of combat. Or make Dry Ether/X-Potion only work out of combat and Elixir only work in combat. Basically find a way to make their use more strategic. Because having all of them at once usable any time is kind of broken for this game. So I'd agree with reworking them, but not removing them (except Megalixir). Gold Needle was in the NES version (as Soft potion) so that makes sense for it to stay. All the items that exist only to heal one status ailment should be fine.

User Info: Moeman_

Moeman_
6 years ago#18
A wild Rabite appears! Man, it's been ages since I've seen you around.
I mean, you know your fanbase is bad when you have to go to FF boards for peace and decent discussions - heartlesshero17

Rabite
6 years ago#19
Well I've seen you in a few random places. Also I was the second poster in this topic. How've you been? Any suggestions for FF1?

EDIT: Any thoughts about giving Warp/Exit the ability to kill all enemies in combat like they get in FF2? Dependent on their magic defense and vulnerability to whatever element the spell is given of course

FluxMega
6 years ago#20
A simple way to break the White Wizard's overpower is to don't allow him to equip the Sage's Staff. Make that exclusive only to the Black Wizard.

You're right about the three incompatible three. Maybe pump up the prices so high you could only buy a few at a time. Maybe 25000 gold for Dry Ether or something.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived