• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
  3. Was this game properly tested?

User Info: Psalm51

Psalm51
13 years ago#1
While I appreciate that no one may reply to this topic posting, I am going to give it a try.

How come the display does not go right up to the edge of the screen on the RHS and bottom? It does if you choose 640 x 480, but, for all other settings (my normal display is at 1024 x 768 x 32 bit), there is a small gap on the RHS and bottom of the screen. Any ideas as to what is going on here?
Watching and waiting, looking above...

User Info: hakha_1

hakha_1
13 years ago#2

it sounds like monitor issue, if You have larger than 17" you can have such problem (some games can't display properly on specific size of monitors, UFO aftermath i.e. can display higher resolutions on 15" monitors on 17" You can only display 1048 x 640) or when using widescreen monitor, also ensure that your graphic drivers are up to date or maybe (not likely but it's possible) You can have newer drivers than game can hold...

My first tip would be to press auto position button on Your monitor, if that doesn't help, than try to give more specific info on monitor type (size and type i.e. widescreen or 16:9 cuz i read that some older games have display problems on new monitors in this sizes ) graphic card and OS.

Psalm51
13 years ago#3
hakha_1 thank you for trying to help me with this issue. I tried the auto-centre option for the screen, but no cigar for that action. At the present time, I have de-installed the game as most other games don't suffer from this kind of problem. With due respect to all games developers, I do expect games to work fine with 1024 x 768 x 32 bit mode as this has been a baseline standard for games for some time now. An interesting thing to note is that Halo, an Xbox launch title, ported by Gearbox (developers of BIA: Road to Hill 30) to the PC, does not suffer from this problem. I guess that they didn't pay as much attention to graphics in THEIR title as they did to porting Halo to the PC...

hakha_1
13 years ago#4

Well the 1024x768 resolution is not one of the standard resolutions and as far as i know there is not so much games that supports it so the resolution might be a problem, and the thing that it displays in video options in game doesn't mean that game supports it, even great games are a bit stupid and will display everything that graphic card supports even if game doesn't, so I suggest You to stick to more common resolutions :)

btw no problem I like to help

Psalm51
13 years ago#5
hakha_1 thank you once again for trying to help. I suspect that I won't get to the bottom of this problem and that you are right about your comment concerning older games and newer LCD's.

hakha_1
13 years ago#6

no problem, I'm glad I could help. If You'll have some problems with other games don't hesitate to contact me

PS. do You have PS3 ?

Psalm51
13 years ago#7
hakha_1 sadly, no, I don't have a PS3. Way back at Christmas 2005, I bought a DS, as the Power Supply on my PC had just failed. Other than the DS, my main gaming is played on the PC.
  1. Boards
  2. Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
  3. Was this game properly tested?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A