• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Rebirth
  3. Cyglorg Chambers

User Info: Rasshiu

Rasshiu
12 years ago#1
Anyone knows some or maybe all of missions given in this dungeon? It's really a pain whenever I got a misunderstandable mission, I can just roaming around until time runs out.
Is the layout of this dungeon random? Or maybe there's such a pattern? Anyone has the map of it?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the trouble.
"Majin... Rengokusatsu!!!"

User Info: zer83

zer83
12 years ago#2
As far as I know it's all random, there is no way to know what requirement there will be on the next floor. Anyway, there are about 7 different requirements I think,

Find the warp to the next floor :
In this requirement, just find the warp, I often find that if you wait a little after entering each area, the force cube stops spinning completely, if you don't move before this you can avoid random battles completely for these floors.

Fight X number of battles :
You can recognize this one when you just see a small textbox with a number in it. Probably smart to use a dark bottle on some of the later floors where you might have to fight up to 10 battles, just so you don't run out on time and have to start over.

Find your party members :
Easily recognized because you start with only Veigue

Get a 5hit, 10hit, 15hit, 20hit, 25hit combo :
Recognized because you see the words HIT in the textbox

Finish the battle in 60 seconds :
Recognized because you see 60 in the textbox

Finish the battle with a character :
Recognized when you see the name of a character in the textbox

Penalty recieved, find the warp to the next floor :
I have no idea how you actually get these penalties, I finished one of the 10hit combo requirement floors, and still got a penalty on the next floor, so it's a real pain. What you can do is have 4 of each of the different status check accessories, this way you can see what penalty you got on the next battle, and then equip the appropriate status check accessory for the next battles. This way you can avoid most penalties except maybe the one where you start every battle with half the hp.

I'm not sure if there are more requirements but hese are the requirements I met the last time I finished this dungeon, and it got me through fine. Be adviced that you get kicked out at floor20, then at floor40, then the third time you go through this dungeon you can go to floor60 if you are on your 2nd playthrough.

User Info: Rasshiu

Rasshiu
12 years ago#3
Wow, that's a quick answer. Thanks-thanks a lot zer83! You really know everything... ^^
"Majin... Rengokusatsu!!!"

zer83
12 years ago#4
I think there are more requirements, but this should get you through it. Glad I could help, have fun with the probably most hated dungeon in the whole Tales series :)

User Info: lanyn

lanyn
12 years ago#5
I'm gonna add some penalties to that list, if you don't mind, zer83. ^^

-Can't use items during battle
-No Force-related HP Recovery...in other words, if you use a Skill or Ougi, you won't recover any HP regardless of your RG level
-zer83 mentioned this, but the 6 status ailment-related penalties are Poison, Weak, Panic, Slow, Freeze, and Stun, in case that helps any.
-The max number of consecutive battles should be 9 instead of 10.

The maps are randomly picked, but not randomly generated if I understand the terminology correctly. Meaning that there are a finite number of possible maps that you can get, but the order that you get them in is random. I've noticed that the consecutive, combo, 60 second finish, and finish with X character requirements tend to have looping maps while the penalty one usually has a map that generally goes in a counterclockwise direction. The find the exit and find your friends ones usually consist of two foci that have 3 or 4 branches coming out from them.

...Sorry, that's kind of a mess. I'm in a hurry. *sweats*
Tales of Rebirth fans, check out my subbed videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=lanyn

User Info: Yandy_Kusanagi

Yandy_Kusanagi
12 years ago#6
zer83
then the third time you go through this dungeon you can go to floor60 if you are on your 2nd playthrough.

Wait, so it just need a 2nd Playthrough to get to 60th floor....?
I thought I read it somewhere that I need to play it on Unknown (2nd Playthrough) to get there... -_-!
"Misete yaru... Kusanagi no Kobushi yo!"

lanyn
12 years ago#7
I think zer83 was saying that you get kicked out two times before you are actually able to descend past the 40th floor. So basically, you have to enter Cyglorg's Chambers at least 3 times and you must be on your second playthrough or further in order to have access to those last 20 floors.

zer83
12 years ago#8
Yeah, that's what I meant, you only need to be on a 2nd playthrough or further to be able to access floor 40-60, you don't have to play on Unknown. Difficulty also doesn't matter regarding fighting the bosses and receiving the accessories on floor20, 40 and 60.

lanyn
12 years ago#9
Oh, speaking of accessories...make sure you have enough room in your inventory before you fight the bosses on the 20th, 40th, and 60th floors. I had to fight Z & G a second time to get the Distortion Orb because I had too much crap the first time. >_<

zer83
12 years ago#10
Yeah, I made the exact same mistake, just with the floor60 boss as well. Still haven't bothered going all the way through it again. I hate that dungeon..
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Rebirth
  3. Cyglorg Chambers
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers

Is this only in Japanese? General1 Answer