• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider: Legend
  3. I've been trying to get the last silver reward and Gold in Croft Manor for 3days

User Info: SolidTombRaider

SolidTombRaider
9 years ago#1
My question concerns Croft Manor for the PS2 version of Tomb Raider Legend. I currently have completed all the Time Trials and have collected 99% of the games rewards. I found all 10 Bronze and 9 Silver Rewards in CROFT MANOR, but for some reason, it will not let me complete the book puzzle so I can get the 10th Silver and the only Gold, which are the two rewards I need to get 100 % Completion. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm going out of my mind trying to figure it out and I think I'm starting to lose my sanity.lol Any help would be great. Thank You.

User Info: JoveHack

JoveHack
9 years ago#2
SolidTombRaider posted on 6/25/2010 at 3:42 AM "My question concerns Croft Manor for the PS2 version of Tomb Raider Legend. I currently have completed all the Time Trials and have collected 99% of the games rewards. I found all 10 Bronze and 9 Silver Rewards in CROFT MANOR, but for some reason, it will not let me complete the book puzzle so I can get the 10th Silver and the only Gold, which are the two rewards I need to get 100 % Completion. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm going out of my mind trying to figure it out and I think I'm starting to lose my sanity.lol Any help would be great. Thank You."

I had trouble being sure of the colors of the books. More than once I mistook green for blue. Also had to look up the names of the colors Lara used to be sure I had them right.

Anyway, be sure Lara's in front of the right book, then activate it. You should see the book move slightly into the bookcase. If she shrugs and shakes her head slightly then you need to reposition her.

To be sure you're doing the correct books in the correct order, here's

"Fjoeri's Tomb Raider: Legend: FAQ/Walkthrough"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/920215-tomb-raider-legend/faqs/42247

"In the library, interact with the blue book to your right. Then run upstairs and enter the room in the back. Interact with the yellow book here. Now go back downstairs and activate the green book before you run down the stairs. Now, the last book is the red one the left side of the room. A giant bookcase will now slide open to reveal another clue."

You may need to exit and return to reset the books if you make a mistake. I play the PS2 version so I know this puzzle is possible, barring some problem with your disk.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Jove the Sleep Depraved. Primal Wiki: http://primal.wikia.com

JoveHack
9 years ago#3
Forgot to say, I'm pretty sure you have to go through all the previous steps in that puzzle line, including having Lara read the clue. Is it possible you missed that?

User Info: SolidTombRaider

SolidTombRaider
9 years ago#4
Thank you JoveHack. It worked!! I also had to go to the room with the pool and turn the 2 statues outward so I could read the clue, but I got both the Last Silver behind the bookcase and The Gold reward in the Main Hall. YES YES YES!!! Thank you. The walk-through helped alot. I just bought Tomb Raider:UNDERWORLD and I'm stuck on the Southern Mexico level LOL

JoveHack
9 years ago#5
SolidTombRaider posted on 6/27/2010 at 1:32 AM "Thank you JoveHack. It worked!! I also had to go to the room with the pool and turn the 2 statues outward so I could read the clue, but I got both the Last Silver behind the bookcase and The Gold reward in the Main Hall. YES YES YES!!! Thank you. The walk-through helped alot. I just bought Tomb Raider:UNDERWORLD and I'm stuck on the Southern Mexico level LOL"

Glad to help!

If you're playing TRU on the PS2, let me know where you're stuck. Since that's the version I have.

If you're playing a next-gen version of Tomb Raider: Underworld, Stellalune said, "Although I enjoyed Underworld immensely, I have to give a warning here: THE GAME IS BUGGY. Of course this isn't unusual. Most video games have their share of glitches, but there are a few in Underworld that can prevent the player from completing the game. As of this writing, several of these cannot be fixed after the fact, except by replaying large sections of the game, but all are preventable. So I encourage you to take a quick look at the bug note preceding the walkthrough links below."

"Stellalune's Spoiler Free Bug List"
http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR8walk/bugnotes.html

There are three listed problems in Southern Mexico there.

1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider: Legend
  3. I've been trying to get the last silver reward and Gold in Croft Manor for 3days
  • Topic Archived