• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Blood Money
  3. Great game, boring protagonist.

User Info: illRockUrCasbah

illRockUrCasbah
8 years ago#1
Just finished Blood Money my first time. Really awesome game, and it's a shame that the sequel sounds like it might be linear (the non-linearity being a huge part of what makes Blood Money so fun).

As fun as it was, though, I don't like the protagonist. Sure, he's cool when we're playing as him, but he's an incredibly boring character story-wise. His backstory as a clone might have been interesting had I played the other games, but his personality is so two-dimensional. "I'm a hitman, and all I care about is killing people for money, and I speak in monotone."

And that cutscene where he shoots the letter delivery guy bothered me, because as I was playing I tried my best not to kill anyone besides my scumbag targets and anyone shooting at me if I ducked up. I never killed anyone who was defenseless. So seeing my character gun down some average joe who didn't even know what the duck was going on, really bothered me (and seemed really stupid too).

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
8 years ago#2
47's been through a lot. BM is mostly about him being on the run so you don't get to see many facets of his personality. I'd suggest the second game, Silent Assassin, if you want the most of his personality. All the games are great, though, and by this time he's pretty much set on living the assassin life so you have to play the old games to see how he came to be that way.
"We won. We must have been right." - Aeon Flux

User Info: illRockUrCasbah

illRockUrCasbah
8 years ago#3
I'll definitely try the second game, then. I actually have it somewhere if I can find it...I bought it when it came out but never got passed the second level. Now that I've finished Blood Money, though, I'm probably more capable of playing the second one without getting too frustrated.

User Info: BMISTRO

BMISTRO
8 years ago#4
Hitman 2 is a lot more difficult than Blood Money in my opinion. Especially due to the guards being a lot less forgiving.
My name, good sir, is Mr. Michael Mizanin, and I think you shall find me particularly astonishing.

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
8 years ago#5
I personnaly played through the games in order, and you'll find out that way that 47 is a great and deep character. He's completely strange to social contact, knows what he can do best but hates it and is quite...the believer. But he speaks more through actions then words.
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Blood Money
  3. Great game, boring protagonist.
  • Topic Archived