• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Blood Money
  3. Will this run on my laptop?

User Info: gamerdude555

gamerdude555
8 years ago#1
Right it's been a few years since I played this game on my original xbox and I loved it until the xbox broke ....so much freedom to accomplish missions....!

I am thinking of buying this again for cheap but I am unsure if my laptop will be able to run this???
My laptop specs are the following:

Operating System - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

CPU - Intel Celeron 900 @ 2.20GHz

RAM 2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz

Motherboard - TOSHIBA Portable PC (CPU)

Graphics - LP154WX4-TLCC @ 1280x800 - Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Hard Drives - 117GB

Audio - Realtek High Definition Audio
gamers paradise

gamerdude555
8 years ago#2
If this will not run then please recommend me one of the older hitman titles as all I really played was Blood Money!

Thanks
gamers paradise

gamerdude555
8 years ago#3
Ok just ordered the hitman collection which has all 4 hitman games....for £5 ...lol
gamers paradise

User Info: MikePenance

MikePenance
8 years ago#4
Your laptop is a little better than mine, and it can run the game on the regular settings quite well.
lah-di-dah.net | twitter.com/MKPGameFAQs

gamerdude555
8 years ago#5
I don't know about that as my graphics is 128mb lol.. I can easily run Half Life 2 and episode 1 and 2 on high settings and the original Far Cry on high settings. Thanks I'm looking forward to trying it out.
gamers paradise

gamerdude555
8 years ago#6
Ahh this game works the best on the low settings for some reason, it does work on high but there is slight fps drop and on medium there is minimum fps drop, on low there is no fps drop....At least it works.
gamers paradise

MikePenance
8 years ago#7
Nice one. Glad it works.

gamerdude555
8 years ago#8
I had to do some experiments and I finally got it working on the highest level of detail and max texture resolution :-)

Here are my settings which give me smooth gameplay:

Sound options EAX - NO (This was making me lose fps so turned it off and wala performance increase)

-Render options-

Self Shadowing - Enabled
Drop Shadow Quality - Hard
Post Filters Level Of Detail - Disabled
Level Of Detail - High
Anisotropic Filtering - Disabled
Texture Resolution - Max
Vertical Sync - Disabled
Antialising - Disabled
Screen Resolution - 1280x720-16:9
gamers paradise

MikePenance
8 years ago#9
Wait... so sound options were causing a drop in FPS? Well, that's interesting; I'll have to reinstall the game, see if I can get it to run at max settings.

gamerdude555
8 years ago#10
Yeah I was looking at another forum and this is what I found

"EAX is a kind of effect for newer sound cards. It will make sound more "atmospheric" and "real". However, this comes with a performance hit, so set to OFF for best performance. For best audio quality, set it to ON"

Here is the forum

http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30890

Also if you turn off all the shadows you're guaranteed great fps on high settings at the cost of realism as there won't be shadows from buildings and stuff.
gamers paradise
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Blood Money
  3. Will this run on my laptop?
  • Topic Archived