• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Blood Money
  3. This game is incredibly fun

User Info: SpaceFighter

SpaceFighter
8 years ago#1
When I started playing I wasn't expecting much. It seemed like another game that would want to be old-school action games like Deus Ex but be tainted by the trend in modern shooters where firepower is always the best option. Boy was I wrong. This game is great! The missions actually have a lot of freedom in how you execute missions. It can be frustrating, but not in the way that makes you say "**** this, I hate this game" and not touch it for a few days. It's frustrating in the way that makes you say "Damn it, okay let me try this..." and before you know it you spent your whole night trying different approaches to different missions and actually enjoyed it.

For those of you that have played the other games in the series, what did you think? Were they as good as this one, or better? Or not as good?

SpaceFighter
8 years ago#2
And the newspaper articles are fun to read too. It adds an extra dimension of realism, and helps me analyze my style more than just looking at the pure numbers.

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
8 years ago#3
This and Contracts are the best games in the series. All the games are great, though, and have the same style. The only slightly oddball out is the first game, Codename 47. In that one there are a couple instances where you HAVE to draw attention to yourself but most of it can still be done stealthily. It also has a decent number of glitches (nothing TOO game breaking, though). Both of those things are fixed by Hitman 2, however. 2, Contracts and BM can all be completed perfectly stealthily if you have the skill and desire.

The one thing I love about this series is that even though you CAN kill everyone it always feels so unsatisfying. I play MGS or other games where you can do stealth or kill a lot of people and I really couldn't care as long as I stay alive. Hitman, though, I have to do it perfect. I have to be a ghost. Not a single person should know I was there, not a single person I wasn't hired to kill should be killed and nobody should know anything happened until long after I leave. Only then can I be satisfied.
"We won. We must have been right." - Aeon Flux

SpaceFighter
8 years ago#4
I might try to do a perfect stealth run in the future. Up until now I've pretty much killed anyone that got in my way. At the vineyard I killed fifteen and at the opera house I killed fourteen. I don't even remember killing them, it just sort of happened I guess. I was taken aback myself by just how high the death count was.

User Info: Anodyne11

Anodyne11
8 years ago#5
"The one thing I love about this series is that even though you CAN kill everyone it always feels so unsatisfying. I play MGS or other games where you can do stealth or kill a lot of people and I really couldn't care as long as I stay alive. Hitman, though, I have to do it perfect. I have to be a ghost. Not a single person should know I was there, not a single person I wasn't hired to kill should be killed and nobody should know anything happened until long after I leave. Only then can I be satisfied."

I'm the same, though i prefer to never kill anyone in MGS as well, unless if i have to I'll always stun or tranquillise them and only if they're in the way.
Final Fantasy XIV: Esthar Falcus - Trabia
Guild Wars: Duke Falcus

User Info: baz047

baz047
8 years ago#6
This is one of my favourite game series. If you really want a challenge though I would try the second one. The A.I. on normal seems even more realistic than the Professional A.I in Blood Money.

The poster above is right though, Contracts and Blood Money are easily the best.

Causing accidents is fun. :-D

User Info: GilgameshSwords

GilgameshSwords
8 years ago#7
I just finished Flat Lines, having killed every single person within the map. It was so fun. I didn't kill the Agent of course.
Best User and Most under-rated user of 313 2009 - Now to Tyranny
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/RobUndertaker.png

User Info: very_ape

very_ape
8 years ago#8
This game takes me ages because its one of those games where i absolutely have to do it stealthily. If i get noticed i re-load the level. I've sat for hours perfecting a run through of levels, but that's what makes the game so awesome.
"neeyargheargh" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Blood Money
  3. This game is incredibly fun
  • Topic Archived