xml error

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: dbbkiller7

dbbkiller7
6 years ago#1
hello everyone i got civ 4 the complete collection and i have windows 7. i keep getting xml errors when i load the game. i get like 100 of them when i load it i haft to to go task manager and exit the game to remove everything anyone know how to fix it?
killer7

dbbkiller7
6 years ago#2
i cant patch the game either it says i doesnt detect civ 4 installed on my computer even though i have the patch saved in my civ folder
killer7

User Info: beege_man

beege_man
6 years ago#3
Have you tried deleting all traces of the game and reinstalling it? I've never personally seen that problem, but it sounds like a bad installation.
262/262 8/6/6/6/2/3 H10 P2
HDCEA: 42/19/4/69/17 Int/MDef: 47/64

dbbkiller7
6 years ago#4
i have installed and uninstalled the game many many times and still the same xml errors everytime.
killer7

User Info: beege_man

beege_man
6 years ago#5
This might be a silly question, but are you an "Administrator" on the computer? I know Win7 has a lot of security stuff that might be preventing a good installation if you don't have full rights to every folder on the computer.
262/262 8/6/6/6/2/3 H10 P2
HDCEA: 42/19/4/69/17 Int/MDef: 47/64

dbbkiller7
6 years ago#6
actually i figured it out. i dont know why it happened but i have 2 drives in my system a 60gig ssd that is my primary drive and a 500 hdd. i haft to install everything in the hdd cause my ssd is full. for some reason it wouldnt install properly in the hdd so i made some room in my sdd barely made enough and insalled it there and it worked fine. i dont know why it wouldnt insall properly in the hdd. i get your question about the admin rights on windows ive had some problems with other games but figured it out. im still new with windows 7. but thanks for everyones thoughts!
killer7

User Info: GamerErman2001

GamerErman2001
6 years ago#7
Huh, that's odd. This game runs on my Windows 7 machine, and I never install my games on my primary hard drive.
sig

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived