• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantom Brave
  3. next up...phantom brave

User Info: treos2

treos2
3 years ago#1
from gamefly...in a few more days

bleh, someone needs to redo that messy engrish description here. :/

oh well,it's nippon ichi so i can look foward to characters with godlike stats which is typically fun. :)

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
3 years ago#2
It's an enjoyable game! But I never did finish the postgame. :/
My NES, SNES, and GB all work just fine. Who cares about graphics when the gameplay is awesome?

treos2
3 years ago#3
is there any solid info on what this dark eboreus skill you get from the Blsphm title does? none of the guides say much of anything about it. just that a character need 100 dark points then getting the "while you were away..." messages until the relevant event happens.

i looked in FinalFLuver's guide and nothing. all i could dig up is how to unlock the title and thus skill.

i know in the intro there was this one guy who used the skill and absorbed that big monster saying something about dark power but otherwise this skill seems to be a mystery in general.

edit: oh, another 2 questions:

1. does disabling a character in combat count as a kill? and 2. if yes to 1. then can charcters be killed and revived at the home island to more easily farm dark points?

edit2: oh, i guess my 2ndquestion is a yes. sincei was just jumping on a character and got exp whenever he died...power lvling method...that could be good if tedious.

DragonAtma
3 years ago#4
It's been a while since I played Phantom Brave. That said, Dark Eboreus affects an area and drains HP (so if you did 100 damage each to five enemies, it'd heal you 500 HP). It's fairly powerful, but costs a lot of SP. As for me, I'd normally go with solo Marona, so no juggling characters that disappear after three turns (exceptions are for grabbing dungeon items), and have her mainly use Blinding Light (as a 1-SP attack will last a lot longer than a 35-SP attack!).
My NES, SNES, and GB all work just fine. Who cares about graphics when the gameplay is awesome?

treos2
3 years ago#5
yeah, been using marona mainly, myself as well. though, so far, i've just bee camping map 3 of episode 1 for easy mana as nothing on that map steals my weapon (lvling them to eventually swipe the skills for marona).

kinda curious how exactly attacks such as ex and mana punch work though. at around 40-45+ damage/hit i seem to be getting around 9-10 mana/hit for whichever weapon i'm wielding. i'm wondering how the damage and payout scale with such skills.

i'm also going to try for that mana monger skill when i can but for now it's awfully expensive. that and the money and exp skills like it.those class skills take a lot of grinding to fuse.

i may just fuse a bunch of weapons to raise my attack and thus damage and continue spamming mana punch (which just reached lvl 18 as of typing this) then once my weapon of choice has a ton of mana built up, fuse it to marona thus giving her said mana for future fusions.

simple yet complicated systems/methods these.

DragonAtma
3 years ago#6
I've found that the best way to get mana is to make a high level dungeon, give it the Failure title, and then have phantoms grab those high-level items (which are promptly fused onto Marona or whoever).

Sure, you can get a dozen or so mana from Mana Punch... or you can snag a bunch of trees/rocks/staves/whatever, then fuse them onto Marona (or anyone else) for several hundred mana.

As for exp, Marona has a special bonus: her "you beat the stage" bonus exp depends on her level, NOT the stage. So if you bring a high level Marona to the very first stage, when you beat it your summoned phantoms will get 5, maybe 6 bonus exp... and Marona gets several thousand. If you create a very deep dungeon with a low starting level and only 1 enemy/floor, Marona will still get decent exp for clearing each floor, and the "multiple floors in a row" bonus only increases it.

Finally, if you're going with solo Marona, don't make her item too strong. If 80% of her stats come from her item, it'll suck when a low-level enemy manages to steal it.

treos2
3 years ago#7
o_O wtf? (the following happened in a dungeon)

monster picks up then throws marona across the battlefield. second monster nearby attacks distant monster with ranged attack. 3rd monster throws another O.B. resulting in 2 monsters gaining a lvl.

this AI is strange sometimes. also, episode 1-3, which i was using to farm mana (gonna change tactics and focus more on lvling marona + skills with mana and skill transfer being secondary now), is surprisingly safe for prepping an item for skill transfer (unlocking them via blacksmith) since no monsters on that map try to steal your weapon at all. if anything, they mostly pick up and use each other as weapons...except for the boss (an orange slime after the story fight) which seems obsessed with simply throwing things around and generally just making a huge mess.

DragonAtma
3 years ago#8
Some monsters have weird AIs.

And yeah, some just like to grab and throw things.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantom Brave
  3. next up...phantom brave
  • Topic Archived