• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantom Brave
  3. @FinalFLuver's guide

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
5 years ago#1
-Finally I confined/stole some Flowers from Life's cradle to increase Marona's
INT. With her Book equipped she has 102 INT and 57 SPD and she is at level 6.

I don't understand, you increase Marona's INT by stealing some flowers?

User Info: ZekuMusashi

ZekuMusashi
5 years ago#2
^ I'd assume she meant fusing them into the Book Marona was holding.

Fusion can e.g. increase base stats of items as well as their Equip %
(which is how much of its stats you actually gain when you've got it equipped).

... I think that's how it works, anyway, been ~a while since I last played this, heh.
You want an awesome free Collectible Card Game?
~~~~~~~~ www.cardmasterconflict.com ~~~~~~~~

SheenavsKilley
5 years ago#3
The base stats doesn't increase when I fuse them, is there a requirement for this?

ZekuMusashi
5 years ago#4
I think the base stats of the to-be-fused item need to be higher than those of the one you're fusing into,
also you need to actually select the [whatever-it's-called] option that lets you increase stats,
otherwise you're only adding Mana to your item.

SheenavsKilley
5 years ago#5
So there is an option for that? I only see the
1.Equipment Ability up
2.Confine Ability up

ZekuMusashi
5 years ago#6
^ That first one there should do the trick, are you saying nothing changes when you choose it?

Just for the heck of it, I just started a new PB file and played until you get a Fusionist.

I bought a level 1 (Common) Book, went to fuse it with a level 2 (Plain) Flower,
selected the Equipment Ability Up option, and the Book's INT went up from
24 x 50% = +12 to 30 x 55% = +16, meaning a 4 INT increase when equipped compared to pre-fusion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/NinjaZeku/PSP/examplefusion.jpg

So ... yeah, works fine for me. *shrug*

SheenavsKilley
5 years ago#7
Okay, thanks, that made me understand
But why would you want to waste your stronger item to give to a weaker item if the main item is still not stronger than the fused item?

ZekuMusashi
5 years ago#8
^ If you fuse a few items into your ~meh weapon, the increase in base stats and Equip %
will quickly make the gains a bit more substantial than what was going on in that example.

The per-level increase from then actually leveling that weapon with a Blacksmith
- which you can only do so far without first raising its max level via fusing, heh -
is going to be something beyond what you'll experience with non-fused items, I assure you.

And of course there's the ridiculous gains from Failure Fusion™.
Eventually, finding items stronger than your weapon will become a bit difficult
so what you'll want to do (actually, even before) then is slap a Failure title on your weapon
which will reduce its base stats by, IIRC, 90-95% or something like that.
Thus, when you fuse a decent let alone great item into it, the base stats will increase significantly,
and when you then take off the Failure title and the stat reduction is reversed ... O-M-G.

There also may or may not be something entertaining to you about e.g.
sticking with your basic knife and slowly turning it into a weapon that can kill gods,
to say nothing of doing the same with a fish / brick / cactus / whatever catches your eye :D

SheenavsKilley
5 years ago#9
How Am I going to collect enough money to buy the fusion materials?

ZekuMusashi
5 years ago#10
You don't need to buy materials, just confine characters into items and let their timers run out. Free stuff!

What you really need to worry about is Mana costs, and the Failure title once again comes into play here.
High-level Failure dungeons have crippled enemies not only stat- but also EXP / Mana-wise
but the items have regular (high) Mana values, so snag some, preferably via Bottlemails.
(If you finish the stage, you'll even get massive EXP for confining into high-level items.)
  1. Boards
  2. Phantom Brave
  3. @FinalFLuver's guide
  • Topic Archived