• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantom Brave
  3. Finally, the ULTIMATE NEW PLAYER TOPIC!!! (No SPOILERS, but just in case)

User Info: acred24

acred24
13 years ago#491
Wow...this topic is still around... It has been soo long since I have played this fabulous game...if I can find my ol' PS2 memory card...I might just get back to playing it. Well I feel as though I want to be one of the last 10 posts.....so Bump
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.......

User Info: KuroZero29

KuroZero29
13 years ago#492
I will be one of the last 10 as well.
*plays metal gear theme*
GOODBYE TOPIC! SOON WE SHALL PART!
Of course, I never used it. Good one though.
Hmm... *sniff* Smells like trinitrotoluene. ~ Grissom

User Info: furix

furix
13 years ago#493
O_O.. It's about to hit 500?!.. I am surprised to still see this topic. So I guess at 500 topics get closed, no? Hopefully it still stays as a sticky since I belive this topic was very helpful to many.
Rikku: I'm gonna kick you in the spleen!
Paine: Spleen?

User Info: devilsonic921

devilsonic921
13 years ago#494
people post i wanna be number 500
Play runescape? if not then go start!! if you do my name is chaosking900

User Info: koudelkaslayer

koudelkaslayer
13 years ago#495
how exactly do you steal the heliotrope from raphael? I keep stealing it with my bottlemail but don't keep it after the battle -.-
"death is the ultimate liberation"-yunalesca

User Info: Terra Ghaleon

Terra Ghaleon
13 years ago#496
how exactly do you steal the heliotrope from raphael? I keep stealing it with my bottlemail but don't keep it after the battle -.-

Same way you steal every item. You "Lift" it from Raphael, pray it works, laugh in his face if it does, confine a character to it, and play keepaway until the character's timer hits 0. The character will vanish, hopefully taking the Heliotrope with it. I recommend making TONS of decoys, just to distract Raph long enough to get the character in question far enough away so that they don't get beaten down with great prejudice.

In other news, 596... such a pity that it has to end. You know, back when the forums first started, the limit was 1k apparently. Also, after it's closed, a sticky will remain until the host topic is purged. So... on this board, it should be a month? Should be enough time to chronicle all the information needed for Version 2. Just give it a snazzy subtitle, and we're on our way!
Sam: It's 106 miles to the Crack of Doom, we've got a magic ring, two daggers, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Frodo: Hit it. 402

It is possible that your inventory is full or that your bottlemail is not high enough of a level to steal it.
I abuse my rights to post as much as I want!

User Info: Royboi

Royboi
13 years ago#498
Well I waded through 35 pages of this thread and didn't find the answer I was looking for so, here I am hoping it hasn't been asked yet.

1. What is the best title you can use in conjunction with the whole "Failure Fusion" process?

I mean, Failure item + ______ item?

2. Dark Weapon(wpn) has 100% attack efficiency, I read that your merchant needs to be at least level 24 to sell it but I've never found it in the shop and only once in the dungeon.

Are Dark Weapon's rare?

Thanks in advance.

User Info: Royboi

Royboi
13 years ago#499
Actually ignore that post about the dark weapon.

User Info: dwarfviking

dwarfviking
13 years ago#500
What is the best title you can use in conjunction with the whole "Failure Fusion" process?

It depends on what stats you're trying to raise. For example, Serene gives a +60% to SPD, but only a +20% to ATK , whereas No. 1 reverses that. Both of those are Rank 7 titles, making them harder to come by than, say, Chief or Techno, both of which can be bought off the Merchant.

The *best* title is one that you've raised to the max in each stat, but I doubt anyone has the time to do that.

By and large, I don't think it's worth worrying about too much -- just slap on the best title you have handy. The Guidebook recommends alternating Chief and Techno, IIRC, since both give +50 to SPD, and Techno is balanced across the other stats (+20) while Chief only gives +50% to ATK and INT (0 for everything else) for general growth, and using Chief alone if you're going for a strong weapon as fast as possible. Unless you're aiming for a max-stat weapon, though, pretty much any rank 5 or 6 title will work.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantom Brave
  3. Finally, the ULTIMATE NEW PLAYER TOPIC!!! (No SPOILERS, but just in case)
  • Topic Closed