• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantom Brave
  3. Finally, the ULTIMATE NEW PLAYER TOPIC!!! (No SPOILERS, but just in case)

User Info: Wiggy

Wiggy
14 years ago#31
New addendum:
I'm wrong a lot. My blob just denounced God. |: P
"You know how some people don't have hands? Well, I don't have a mother."
"Oh, you were born without one?"

User Info: AznFusion

AznFusion
14 years ago#32
Dammit wiggy your just the best...
AzNFusiON

User Info: CaptainTowers

CaptainTowers
14 years ago#33
Wow...Great Stuff!

User Info: Falconer40

Falconer40
14 years ago#34
Great work Wiggy - definitely worthy of being a tips and tricks FAQ :)

Just one thing. In the section titled "Leveling Marona" you refer to 'Fusion' dungeons. I assume you meant to say 'Failure' dungeons, right ?

User Info: ArchonBasic

ArchonBasic
14 years ago#35
Can I ask a couple of questions?

1: How do you banish items? I know it's got to be stupidly simple but I can't figure it out.

2: Do attack proficiencies work the same as Disgaea? Like if you have an S rating for healing spells are you going to dish out more damage/healing with them, or is it different for Phantom Brave?

User Info: Tallgeese

Tallgeese
14 years ago#36
About the Blsphm title and D. Eboreus (I'm new to the game, so yeah)...

1: What happens if you Banish a Blsphm phantom with Marona? No title?

2: What happens if you try to fuse a phantom with Dark Eboreus into another? Can another character get it that way?

3: How powerful is it anyway?

Wiggy
14 years ago#37
ArchonBasic:
1) This one took me so friggin' long to figure out it makes me feel like I should give up video games altogether. Pick up the character you want to banish with [] and talk to Marona, then hit X twice. Assuming it's not a special title, you'll keep it. BEWARE! ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU DROP ITEMS BEFORE TALKING TO MARONA UNLESS YOU WANT TO BANISH THEM!!! Since the default answer is "Yes", it's very, very easy to accidentally banish a valuable item.
2) Yes, attack proficiencies work the same as in Disgaea. However, you were wrong about how they work. They affect how quickly you gain SP and increase the level of corresponding skills.

Tallgeese:
1) Yup. No title.
2) Dark Eboreus does transfer. If you don't want to have to worry about waiting forever to drain all the DP's from a character, create a slime and give it the Blsphm title, then fuse. You don't even have to level up Dark Eboreus to keep it this way.
3) It costs thirty-five SP, it's and Energy skill, about medium-powered, based on HP, hits multiple targets in a column, and drains HP. I'm not sure how big the targeting area is or how far it is from the user because I only have ten SP, and the Blsphm title knocks your proficiencies way down (F, in this case), but I'll let you know how it is when I find out.

User Info: Tallgeese

Tallgeese
14 years ago#38
Ah. Thank you very much.

...Is Eboreus even a real word?

Wiggy
14 years ago#39
Yes, it would appear that it is. Googling comes up with several hits that are not Nippon Ichi. However, none seem to want to offer a definition in English.

Wiggy
14 years ago#40
Another typo...it's an Energy Sword skill.

It hits immediately in front of the user, and its range is three or four characters across, maybe two characters high. Damage depends on HP, which makes it kind of odd that it heals; I mean, if you need a big boost in HP, you probably don't have enough HP to get a big boost from the skill. Oh well.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantom Brave
  3. Finally, the ULTIMATE NEW PLAYER TOPIC!!! (No SPOILERS, but just in case)
  • Topic Closed