• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantom Brave
  3. Finally, the ULTIMATE NEW PLAYER TOPIC!!! (No SPOILERS, but just in case)

User Info: heynongman

heynongman
14 years ago#21
Nice topic :). I don't have this game yet (waiting for it to be delivered) but some stuff seems complicated. Does it explain fusion in the game?
R.A.B.I.D. Radio-Atomic Banana In Drag
B.A.N.A.N.A. Bio-organic Android Named Alpha-Neutron-Arsenal

User Info: Wiggy

Wiggy
14 years ago#22
Oh, jeez, please don't mention fusion, I've been trying so hard to avoid typing up an explanation, please don't mention fusion.

It...yeah, I guess it kinda does. Once you get the fusionist, talk to the green Whisp named Unknown Phantom and select...friends? Something like that. Whatever topic talks about the utility characters. Anyway, fusion's pretty easy to figure out. It's the deepest part of the game, but it's also one of the least confusing. Just don't try to figure out the formulae for how it works.
"You know how some people don't have hands? Well, I don't have a mother."
"Oh, you were born without one?"

User Info: Sparta

Sparta
14 years ago#23
This was quite helpful - thanks for your efforts, Wiggy!

User Info: Kdab

Kdab
14 years ago#24
Yeah this helped me a lot and I mean A LOT. I've been lost since ever since I started. Can I request some tips on making an able party? Keep up the good work Wiggy!

User Info: Hellgraves

Hellgraves
14 years ago#25
*nods head* this'll be good for future reference...
Now Playing:Phantom Brave
Wants to Play:Final Fantasy XII, Kingdom Hearts 2, Xenosaga Ep. II, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

User Info: Bartgast

Bartgast
14 years ago#26
bump

Wiggy
14 years ago#27
Dark Points and Dark Eboreus:
You may have noticed that dark old guy wandering around in some of the scenes where the odds seem to be inexpicably stacked against you. His name is Sprout, he's eight-five years old, and he will PWN YOUR SOUL. Like so many important characters in this game, he has his own color-coded special skill: Dark Eboreus. If you think that's a spoiler, you obviously haven't watched the opening scene, so just be quiet. Anyway, there's a way to get Dark Eboreus for yourself, and it involves things called "Dark Points". Every time you kill one of your own characters, the killer gets one DP. DP's are dangerous because they'll randomly cause your evil characters to attack other phantoms when you get back from PI from a battle; the more DP's a character has, the higher the chance of an attack. Doesn't sound like something you would want to do, but there is a good reason to amass one hundred DP's: when you return to PI from a battle, a character with one hundred big ones will get the title "Blsphm". This title has +30% to all stats, but it gives major penalties to attack proficiencies. It also comes with Dark Eboreus. In order to learn DE permanently, use it until its level becomes one; then you're free to change the title as you like. Be warned, though; once you get Blsphm and change it, you can't get it again with that character. One last thing: Ash cannot get Blsphm, so stop trying. I've already suffered enough for everybody trying to do that; learn from my pain.

Wiggy
14 years ago#28
Gah, just noticed a typo. It's, "your obtain rate," not, "you obtain rate."

Wiggy
14 years ago#29
Addendum to Dark Eboreus and such:
Apparently, only humanoids can get the Blsphm title. My blob is adamant against getting it; never seen such a pious ball of slime in my whole life.

User Info: Kythlyn

Kythlyn
14 years ago#30
If you're hyper-sensetive to spoilers, don't read the next line:

It should be noticed that there is a rare and somewhat secret item late in the game called Shiva that has Dark Eboreus...
Snake: Yoink dot adios backslash losers!
  1. Boards
  2. Phantom Brave
  3. Finally, the ULTIMATE NEW PLAYER TOPIC!!! (No SPOILERS, but just in case)
  • Topic Closed