• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man X: Command Mission
  3. Your MAX Final Strike Hits?

User Info: Ys_Gamer

Ys_Gamer
4 years ago#1
Heya, just got curious today about everyone's MAX Hits achieved in a Final Strike in this game, and so I came here. Incidentally, I am aiming for the game's absolute maximum number of hits, which is something that may take multiple attempts.

As for myself, this is what I pulled off so far, but I suspect it may be improvable by very few hits:

225 Hits (Team: Spider, Cinnamon, X Fire)

For those extra curious or just unaware, the team above is absolutely required to achieve the game's true maximum amount of hits. Axl replaces Spider well as the guy with the role of activating Final Strike in 4 targets while allowing X to stay in X Fire mode and Cinnamon to just kick ass, but he's still considerably inferior to Spider for that. Here're my best results with different parties:

213 Hits (Team: Axl with dual Pistols, Cinnamon, X Fire)
208 Hits (Team: Spider, Axl with dual Pistols, X Fire)
152 Hits (Team: Spider, Cinnamon, Axl with dual Pistols)

Do note that Axl using any of his Axl Bullets weapons (dual pistols) hits more often in a Final Strike than otherwise. Same goes for X Fire compared to regular X, and Zero using 2, 1 or 0 Heat Hazes in a turn if he activates Final Strike. Ultimate Armor and Absolute Zero are the only 2 forms I left untested, but I figure they are not better than the top 3 characters/forms for this. Also note the Force Metal that ensures a Final Strike without killing enemies is absolutely unavailable at this point in the game when Spider is still in your party, making this project regrettably much harder...

So... What is YOUR personal best amount of hits?

Ys_Gamer
4 years ago#2
Oh, I forgot to mention, but incidentally, I'm playing the US GameCube version, which may or may not be relevant to know. (Obs.: The game runs at 60 FPS in the JP and US GC versions, 50 FPS at EU GC version, 30 FPS in the JP and US PS2 versions, and 25 FPS in the EU PS2 version.)

User Info: Ultimate_Nova_X

Ultimate_Nova_X
4 years ago#3
I don't have cheats for the GC version so no end-game Spider for me.

I have both JP GC and JP PS2 versions.

My record is also 213..

Ys_Gamer
4 years ago#4
You can keep a separate save file right at the point before Spider leaves. That's what I did, so no cheats here either.

And ah, that's reassuring to hear that you also got 213 hits with that team. I wonder if anyone else got more, though?

(Also, damn GameFAQs for keeping the chat boards separate for the 2 consoles this game is for. lol Now we both have to keep checking back and posting twice because of that, since I wanted to make sure no MMX CM fan would miss this out.).

Ys_Gamer
4 years ago#5
Bump.

Ultimate_Nova_X
4 years ago#6
Ys_Gamer posted...
Bump.

why?

Ys_Gamer
4 years ago#7
.Oh, simply because the thread closes and gets archived automatically after a long period of inactivity, and I figured not every Command Mission fan checks this board weekly or even monthly to get to see this thread in time and post, so I figured I'd attempt to keep it alive. :) I'm also curious about what others have to say, or what their records are, if any.

Ultimate_Nova_X
4 years ago#8
Ys_Gamer posted...
.Oh,

gamefaqs and their no same post rule, eh?

Ys_Gamer
4 years ago#9
Yeah, it's there for a good reason, but it's not perfect. So it becomes a hindrance at times like this.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man X: Command Mission
  3. Your MAX Final Strike Hits?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A