• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Exodiver

Exodiver
9 years ago#1
Hi all, looking forward to pick up the game again...how's the community online, I don't expect much, but is there at least ppl still playing?
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous

User Info: spikevampire

spikevampire
9 years ago#2
a lot XD every day... buy it! i am a player XD

Exodiver
9 years ago#3
yeh, I've had the game for 2 years now....trying to play again atm
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous

User Info: DragonsCrest50

DragonsCrest50
9 years ago#4

I haven't played this online for at least 4 years! Thats bad. Do people still play on that custom map where its 4 player and you start in a corner protected by a gate and around 2000 command points with infinite gold?

Osgiliath used to be quite popular to play on

User Info: nickod77

nickod77
9 years ago#5
dont think so dragon. New custom maps being made is mainly a NO!

No new maps ever. Hardly any customs ever played. Just 2v2 quick, 1v1 quick, 3v3 quick. u know the usual.

nickod77
9 years ago#6
But I mainly play at night EST time. So u never know.

Exodiver
9 years ago#7
yeah, tried it yesterday, plenty of ppl online, want to try more of those custom maps, but somebody mentioned that if I've never played custom map before then I'd have to restart, otherwise it wont run.
can someone explain?

nickod77
9 years ago#8
your ini.exe gets corrupted when playing a custom, so if u do custom then u must reset unless playing same custom.

Exodiver
9 years ago#9
I dont quite get what you mean....so I can't play 2 custom games in a row without restarting (restarting the game or my computer?)

or is it just for the first time I play custom game?

nickod77
9 years ago#10
Ex: I go and play ringwars V9.
The ini file gets corrupted until a restart of game.
This happens every time.

So u can play 2 customs in a row but they must be same maps or the game will go out of synch.

So if u dont wanna play the same ringwars map then restart the game so u wont get synch error.

Example for dumber people:
Ringwars #1 play +Ringwars #2 play= good
Ringwars #1 play plus any map= Bad, Synch error.

Ringwars#1 play + restart game+ any map= no synch good.

this will always happen with custom maps. So always restart game afterwards unless u wanna keep playing the same map.
  • Topic Archived