• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon LeafGreen Version
  3. Help me tweak my team (just reached Indigo)

User Info: samhydedidit

samhydedidit
8 months ago#1
So I need to tweak my movesets and items before I fight the Elite 4. Advice for how to fix this team while keeping the same 'mons?

Wigglytuff Cute Charm - Leftovers
Sing
Rollout
Hyper Voice
Mimic

Primeape Vital Spirit - Quick Claw
Swagger
Seismic Toss
Screech
Cross Chop

Starmie Illuminate - Mystic Water
Minimize
Bubblebeam
Swift
Recover

Sandslash Sand Veil - Leftovers
Slash
Defense Curl
Sand-Attack
Sand Tomb

Golem Sturdy - Hard Stone
Magnitude
Explosion
Rock Blast
Earthquake

Charizard Blaze - Charcoal
Smokescreen
Scary Face
Flamethrower
Slash

User Info: LieutenantSykes

LieutenantSykes
8 months ago#2
First time or second time for the E4? Also, what levels are they? And where are all your HMs? (Nothing wrong with not having any, just unusual for an ingame team.)

Levels are the most important thing, since even with sub-optimal movesets you can muscle through just about anything if you have enough healing items.

That being said, Starmie could use Surf over Bubblebeam, and probably needs Ice Beam (get it from the Game Corner) over Swift to deal with Lance. It could also probably use Thunderbolt (also at the Game Corner), but that might only be useful against Slowbro and Gyarados and backup coverage otherwise. Hell, give it Psychic as well (Warning: non-renewable TM) and it can solo the E4 with little trouble.

Sans Psychic, you'll struggle a little bit with Agatha's Gengars since they're immune to every single one of your current attacks with the exception of Rollout, Bubblebeam, Rock Blast, and Flamethrower, but again, as long as one of those pokemon is high enough level they can muscle through.

Honestly, Sandslash will probably be useless except as Sand Attack spam.

User Info: samhydedidit

samhydedidit
8 months ago#3
My HMs are all on a level 15 Krabby that I put at the back of my party while traveling

I leveled up Starmie enough to get Hydro Pump and then put psychic on him, and he did most of the killing.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon LeafGreen Version
  3. Help me tweak my team (just reached Indigo)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A