• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon FireRed Version
  3. First time playing, i have some questions

User Info: Muffinman4484

Muffinman4484
5 months ago#21
Since this is your first time playing, I would suggest that you wing it instead of trying to plan out a team for the entire playthrough. You may have more fun picking out pokemon that you particularly like or trying some new pokemon along the way. Beating Sabrina is really the only difficult part of the game (if you picked Bulbasaur as your starter).
My main suggestion would just be to make sure you have diverse types (including moves) in your party. You don't want to end up with a party full of grass-types going into Blaine's gym and you don't want to have only normal-type attacks going into Lavender tower. My only other tip is to pay attention to your pokemons' levels. Once they hit 31, 51, or 71 they will stop obeying you unless you have the gym badge that makes them obey.
It's a great game, enjoy!
FALCON PUNCH!

User Info: gbchaosmaster

gbchaosmaster
5 months ago#22
Once they hit 31, 51, or 71 they will stop obeying you unless you have the gym badge that makes them obey.

Only happens to traded pokemon.

Pokemon that you catch (have your trainer name and ID) will obey forever.

(Except for certain hacked Mews and Deoxyses, but that's another story)
gbchaosmaster
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/gbchaosmaster/gbAmonAm.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon FireRed Version
  3. First time playing, i have some questions
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A