• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
  3. Starting a new game + for first time...

User Info: cougarman21

cougarman21
8 years ago#1
Well, im a huge Shining Force fan, i wouldnt be posting on a dead board otherwise right?

I always loathed this version for its many inclusions and changes to Shining Force. Now that I have picked it back up and given it another chance I am finally coming around to liking it. My only complaint I still cant let go of is the difficulty.

I have promoted everyone at level 10 and the game is still incredibly easy. Anri gained 16 level in two battles... the 48 exp for looking at enemies helps I believe...

What I want to know is how much harder is this game gonna get when I decide to start the new game +? I know there arent any special things to unlock, or anything of that nature really, but as you all know the love of this genre rests largely on difficulty. Not everyone can pick up and enjoy how harsh Fire Emblem is or how deep FFT's Job system.

Im having trouble with liking the card system and I can already tell that its going to be practically a requirement... Although, copying Khris's ability then using Balb's to make Mawlocke a flying vicar is pretty awesome.

Anyone want to express anything on this game or give any warnings for new game +? Im not thinking the difficulty is gonna spike as much as I want it to.
Check out my blog about munchies! Newest Review: Blue Bunny's Red Carpet Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream
http://themunchiegrader.wordpress.com/

User Info: 1uzy5o

1uzy5o
8 years ago#2
This game is really easy on the first playthrough, and remains easy for about 2-3 more playthroughs. After that, however, it starts getting challenging real fast.

User Info: cougarman21

cougarman21
8 years ago#3
1uzy5o posted...
This game is really easy on the first playthrough, and remains easy for about 2-3 more playthroughs. After that, however, it starts getting challenging real fast.

so im looking at this NOT being hard when i restart it?

im in runefaust now, havnt retreated once, only lost Zylo on the first level i could use him...

seriously, i remember this being alot harder...

if thats the case i think im just gonna put it down after i finish it again.

im playin on my Xperia Play, so honestly I might just start Hector Hard Mode or something, because I honestly cant find a new game + gamesave
Check out my blog about munchies! Newest Review: Blue Bunny's Red Carpet Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream
http://themunchiegrader.wordpress.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
  3. Starting a new game + for first time...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I get Mawlock's Card? Side Quest1 Answer