• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Front Mission 4
  3. fastest ways to get money?

User Info: VicViper_Mk2

VicViper_Mk2
10 years ago#1
I have two method (one for each side of the story) to get a large amount of money, I like to hear your opinion on whether if this way is efficient.

For the U.C.S, I use training mission #9, with a large amount of melee unit, two missile unit and one grenade unit plus two artiliery cannons. I bought everyone except chaffer a rocket launcher (egret by the time I started this) because of the weight they all have to be like Ines minus the melee weapons cause I don't want to use additional money to get them proficiencies for melee.

to start, I placed everyone on the top portion of the map, where everyone with the rocket equipped is able to target the whole group plus one of the cannons, by the time everyone is done the cannon is dead and the others are heavily damaged. I move in chaffer (with the most accurate arm and best machinegun) to distract them and to get them into a group, which then I pull chaffer out and commence the second set of bombardment that kills the group. I then use all remaining rockets on the two missile units, heavily damaging if not destroying them. Finally I use chaffer to finish off the last cannon. My earning is around $5500, average time is 10 minutes.

As the Durandal, I used training mission #6, with several bazooka units and missile unit with intergrated missile arms. Much like the U.C.S setup, only i got proficiencies in rifles for everyone except hermes, and armed them with the best rifle at the moment (firebird) I also had to get snipe for everyone with the rifle.

to start, I move the whole group to the closest enemy and starts sniping the body. In the case of bazooka units I shoot the weapon arm first, then leave them for clean up later. the missile units have no evade so snipe will always hit. Earning for this mission is around $4500, sometime reaching to 5000.

I have to admit, these two setups took quite a bit of time to get, the money spend on computer shops and wanzer setup is massive. So I like to know if there is a faster method of getting a large amount of money. I plan to get so much to the point where the next game I start after a end game save I won't have to do these training missions at all. thanks
Vic Viper Vs R9. The eternal struggle will never end.

User Info: sky4fun

sky4fun
10 years ago#2
thats a pretty good time, but for U.C.S I used to do sim 2 and use beck, latona, elsa, and zead, Beck would radio the plane to kill one side (It fits perfectly) while the other 3 were positioned right below the 4 enemies on the left side of the map and all my units 'cept beck had gernade launchers and in 2 turns i killed all of them (Becuase of the wait for the radio)
this took 2 min and did about $1500. Try this strat, at later stages of game dont even use radio and just use EVEN more gernades.

Enjoy ;)
"My names Axel, got it memorized?" Axel, Kingdom Hearts 2
  1. Boards
  2. Front Mission 4
  3. fastest ways to get money?
  • Topic Archived