• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gungrave: Overdose
  3. Hits US PSN this week (8-22)

User Info: oneupdawg2k4

oneupdawg2k4
6 years ago#11
Jro posted...
Anyone playing this off of PSN yet? Run like the original disc-based version? I'm pretty ready to buy it but there seems to be some sentiment that Ring of Red doesn't run quite right, so I'm sort of curious to hear if this runs just like the original first.

It run a heck lot smoother! Must buy!
PSN ID: LionHeartX83/ MH3: Epsilon
--Avid Starhawk fan and proud PS Vita owner--

User Info: mrtzeentch

mrtzeentch
6 years ago#12
I'll vouche for that, it does run a bit smoother. This is one thing I've been happy with the PS2 Classics. Snce each has to have a customized emulator designed just for it (as opposed to PSOne Classics which all use the same one) , they can optimize them. Odin Sphere was nigh unplayable on PS2 due to slowdown. Said slowdown is all but gone in the PS2 Classics version.
why they dont teach cops to be better shooters so they can shoot the knive from his hand - MCCHOKE4PREZ

User Info: Spherix

Spherix
6 years ago#13
What I don't understand, and don't like, is why they didn't make use of the virtual memory card system they had in place -- instead deciding to use an entire 16MB on two virtual memory cards in a different format, for each PS2 classics game.

It's not like the 16MB is the problem, as wasteful as it is... but it makes backing up saves a pain, as well as downloading or sharing them -- all the previously uploaded PS2 saves on GameFAQs are incompatible, for instance.

Though thinking about it, that was probably their motivation.

User Info: mrtzeentch

mrtzeentch
6 years ago#14
My guess is compatibility. Going to a standard save system will make transitioning to the next system easier so they don't ahve to try and make the PS2 card system work.

In the long run I think their decision to use custom save files will be a good thing.
why they dont teach cops to be better shooters so they can shoot the knive from his hand - MCCHOKE4PREZ

User Info: Spherix

Spherix
6 years ago#15
Except the new system is worse, and not really new. It's just two preallocated virtual memory cards. For each user, for each game. How often do you actually use a full two memory cards for a single game, all by yourself?
  1. Boards
  2. Gungrave: Overdose
  3. Hits US PSN this week (8-22)
  • Topic Archived