• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gungrave: Overdose
  3. Hits US PSN this week (8-22)

User Info: mrtzeentch

mrtzeentch
6 years ago#1
This wil lbe great although I wonder why not the first game. Same thing happened in Europe, they got Overdose first.
why they dont teach cops to be better shooters so they can shoot the knive from his hand - MCCHOKE4PREZ

User Info: shinkusanagi

shinkusanagi
6 years ago#2
i bought this game years ago and still never opened it from the package.
"RESISTANCE IS FLAMMABLE. NO ONE CAN SNUFF MY FLAME!" Kyo from KOF 2000
twitter: DarkKyo101

User Info: Spherix

Spherix
6 years ago#3
Weird. I imagine it's because of all the different publishers for each of the games in the various regions. I wonder what the motivation is for putting them on PSN. I didn't think either of them sold well, and probably sold mostly on Nightow's involvement. Then again, most of the PS2 classics seem like kind of odd titles, with a number of them being games that were well-regarded but were obscure and sold poorly.

I didn't realize just how many PS2 games had been released on the EU PSN until I just looked it up. A whole lot more than in the US, that's for sure.

mrtzeentch
6 years ago#4
Tht's what I love about the PSOne and 2 Classics, they've posted a lot of offbeat stuff. It's good that more people will ahve a chance to play some of this stuff, if they'd only be more open mined. I defintiely never expected to see stuff like One, Ring of Red, God Hand, and Saiyuki Journey West and Destrega be available again.
why they dont teach cops to be better shooters so they can shoot the knive from his hand - MCCHOKE4PREZ

User Info: Pigeon_Senpai

Pigeon_Senpai
6 years ago#5
Would I like this game if I love God Hand?
The official Luke Fon Fabre of all boards.

User Info: shinkusanagi

shinkusanagi
6 years ago#6
Spherix posted...
Weird. I imagine it's because of all the different publishers for each of the games in the various regions. I wonder what the motivation is for putting them on PSN. I didn't think either of them sold well, and probably sold mostly on Nightow's involvement. Then again, most of the PS2 classics seem like kind of odd titles, with a number of them being games that were well-regarded but were obscure and sold poorly.

I didn't realize just how many PS2 games had been released on the EU PSN until I just looked it up. A whole lot more than in the US, that's for sure.

Yeah i see your point. i notice they put a lot of mediocre ps2 games on psn. i wish they put up more better games cause so far i haven't purchased a ps2 game off psn yet cause there isn't any that interested me.
"RESISTANCE IS FLAMMABLE. NO ONE CAN SNUFF MY FLAME!" Kyo from KOF 2000
twitter: DarkKyo101

User Info: TiamatNM

TiamatNM
6 years ago#7
I'm getting it. I have the game but my ps2 is broke and I gey nostalgic for this series

User Info: Jro

Jro
6 years ago#8
Anyone playing this off of PSN yet? Run like the original disc-based version? I'm pretty ready to buy it but there seems to be some sentiment that Ring of Red doesn't run quite right, so I'm sort of curious to hear if this runs just like the original first.

User Info: fatjuicyslop

fatjuicyslop
6 years ago#9
Jro posted...
Anyone playing this off of PSN yet? Run like the original disc-based version? I'm pretty ready to buy it but there seems to be some sentiment that Ring of Red doesn't run quite right, so I'm sort of curious to hear if this runs just like the original first.

I've never played the original disc based version and this is my first PSN ps2 game. It looks likes its running a lot smoother than disc based ps2 games (I have a 60gb ps3). Generally ps2 games running on a ps3 are super jaggy but this is pretty damn crystal clear. Since the Disc based version is so inexpensive and I got this for review I wanted to buy a physical copy to compare.
Check out the Mondo Cool Cast at www.mondocoolcast.com
Personal site www.JerryTerrifying.com Training Log http://www.xanga.com/Poppa_Fats

mrtzeentch
6 years ago#10
Pigeon_Senpai posted...
Would I like this game if I love God Hand?

Yes. It's got the same over the top absurdity to it.
  1. Boards
  2. Gungrave: Overdose
  3. Hits US PSN this week (8-22)
  • Topic Archived