• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gungrave: Overdose
  3. So very glad I bought this

User Info: presea_lover

presea_lover
10 years ago#11
Yeah, this game might have slightly looser controls than, say, the previous PS2 Shinobi example, but very few games have controls as tight as that game, anyway. Besides, this game oozes style, and all the characters are great fun to use. Billy is my favorite character, but they're all fun to use. The Extra Costumes are also really neat, since they (kinda) give you more characters. Well, it was better than nothing. At least the costumes aren't stupid palette swaps, like in other games.

The special Finishers for the bosses are also really neat. I like how each character's story mode is different from the others, and the "Super Saiyan" changes to the 3 main characters at the end make them look really cool. Anyone notice that Juji is wearing Bunji's glasses at the end? It's little touches like that.

I wish somebody'd make a Gungrave game with modern technology. Just think what they could do with it. For example, the graphics wouldn't have to be sacrificed in order to have a bunch of enemies or destructible environments. Models wouldn't have to be simple to keep the framerate running smoothly. I mean, they could probably make the entire game look like the CG scenes in OD.
"If less is more, just think how much more more will be!" - Dr. Frasier Crane
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=presea_hater

User Info: scathatch72

scathatch72
10 years ago#12
Yeah, I'm hoping there will be a third game.

Out of the three playables, I find Beyond the Grave to be my "comfort zone". I like his balanced power and his speed doesn't bother me at all.

^_^ Grave is a killing machine but when he's with Mika he's a total softie. I like their relationship a lot.
Lucis_Ferre: Hell without Prometheus we wouldn't have even had FIRE. And without fire, we can't cook sausages. And that's just not right.

User Info: wonzan

wonzan
10 years ago#13
If they made a new gungrave on the PS3 the controls would definitely be improved and the graphics would be stellar (if not, they would be more than good enough). However, I SERIOUSLY doubt that will ever happen. Maybe if they release a new gungrave anime/manga but otherwise I don't think so. Which sucks =[
No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.....

scathatch72
10 years ago#14
If I may so ask.....

What's your favorite Demolition Shot? For me, it's.....

Beyond the Grave. = Doom's Rain, Executioner's Blood
Rocketbilly Redcadillac = Roses From Heaven
Juji Kabane = Kutabaryu, Blazing Cyclone
Lucis_Ferre: Hell without Prometheus we wouldn't have even had FIRE. And without fire, we can't cook sausages. And that's just not right.

scathatch72
10 years ago#15
*twiddles thumbs*

User Info: big2006

big2006
10 years ago#16
Man, the anime was, no, IS great! Does the video game storyline live up the the anime?
http://www.myspace.com/57082216 - 'I'm not Solid Snake, but my Snake is always Solid......and it's starting to feel weird ~__~
  1. Boards
  2. Gungrave: Overdose
  3. So very glad I bought this
  • Topic Archived