• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. 3DO
  3. Panasonic 3DO vs Sega CD

User Info: TheArcade

TheArcade
8 months ago#1
I saw a commercial by Sega claiming that Sega CD was more powerful than 3DO.

Are they right? Go!
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends

User Info: spiffyone

spiffyone
8 months ago#2
No. No they were not.

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
8 months ago#3
It certainly is a better console, however.

User Info: TheArcade

TheArcade
8 months ago#4
metaphysician posted...
Agree to disagree lol.

Much as I enjoy Sonic CD, NBA Jam, Snatcher, and Final Fight.

I prefer my Gex, SSF2X, SamSho, Crash N Burn, Need for Speed, Sailor Moon, Policenauts and Iron Apocalypse Returns!
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
(edited 8 months ago)

User Info: spiffyone

spiffyone
8 months ago#5
metaphysician posted...

SCD wasn’t a console, though.

User Info: MartinIIIa

MartinIIIa
8 months ago#6
The trouble with the Sega CD was, given the processing and RAM limitations there wasn't much they could do with all that extra CD-ROM space - just throw on a few more levels, have an orchestrated soundtrack, or put in FMV so grainy you often couldn't make out what was going on. The 3DO reached the point in technology where the CD medium could actually enhance the games.

At the same time, because it was a standalone console rather than an add-on to a cartridge console, the 3DO wasn't deluged by ports of cartridge games with obligatory CD enhancements. With a few exceptions, 3DO games were either built around the advantages of CD or didn't bother to use the extra CD space at all.

User Info: samuraigaiden

samuraigaiden
4 months ago#7
Sega CD had some cool games for sure, but overall 3DO wipes the floor with it. It's not even fair to compare them.

And as far as which one is more powerful, just look at a game like Star Fighter.
Samsara is the wheel of life, death, and reincarnation, but also the notion that you will fall into the same patterns again and again throughout life
  1. Boards
  2. 3DO
  3. Panasonic 3DO vs Sega CD
  • Post New Message

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 2 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 3 Questions (3 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A