• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. 3DO
  3. Daisy chain controllers

User Info: ABXYLR

ABXYLR
1 year ago#1
The console is called the 3DO Iteractive "Multiplayer" so why is there only one controller port on the console? Simple, there's also a controller port on top of every 3DO controller. So if you want a player 2 you have to plug another controller into the first one and if you want a 3 player game (if there are any games for the 3DO that allow more than 2 players) you have to plug a third controller into the econd one. So basically you have to daisy chain controllers together for multiplayer games.
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!" - Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 1997

User Info: MartinIIIa

MartinIIIa
1 year ago#2
ABXYLR posted...
if you want a 3 player game (if there are any games for the 3DO that allow more than 2 players)

There are games that allow up to 8 players.

ABXYLR
1 year ago#3
MartinIIIa posted...
ABXYLR posted...
if you want a 3 player game (if there are any games for the 3DO that allow more than 2 players)

Imagine what that would look like.
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!" - Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 1997

User Info: spiffyone

spiffyone
1 year ago#4
ABXYLR posted...
MartinIIIa posted...
ABXYLR posted...

When I had a 3DO, I played some 8 player games with friends (FIFA mostly, iirc). Was fun, and the daisy chaining was a somewhat good solution for built in multiplayer of that sort (didn’t need a multi tap peripheral like other consoles), but there was a flaw that I don’t believe 3DO designers thought about: cheaters. Inevitably, there’d be one jackass who would secretly unplug another player’s controller from their own, ensuring their own win.

ABXYLR
1 year ago#5
spiffyone posted...
ABXYLR posted...
MartinIIIa posted...
ABXYLR posted...

When I had a 3DO, I played some 8 player games with friends (FIFA mostly, iirc). Was fun, and the daisy chaining was a somewhat good solution for built in multiplayer of that sort (didn’t need a multi tap peripheral like other consoles), but there was a flaw that I don’t believe 3DO designers thought about: cheaters. Inevitably, there’d be one jackass who would secretly unplug another player’s controller from their own, ensuring their own win.

God that's a dick move!

User Info: PakoPako

PakoPako
1 year ago#6
But it would be easily caught.

User Info: MartinIIIa

MartinIIIa
1 year ago#7
PakoPako posted...

Yeah, it really wouldn't be any more effective a method of cheating than disconnecting a player's controller from the multitap on any other system.

User Info: spiffyone

spiffyone
1 year ago#8
MartinIIIa posted...
PakoPako posted...

Yeah, it really wouldn't be any more effective a method of cheating than disconnecting a player's controller from the multitap on any other system.

Only easily caught after-the-fact, though. Unlike the consoles that used multi taps, the dicks who cheated in that way wouldn’t unplug another player’s controller in full view of said player. Inevitably, playing multiplayer 3DO games meant having one’s eyes on the game and other players. Even then, one didn’t need to completely unplug another player’s controller from their own, just jostle it a bit to make it not “read” inputs. Hard to catch at times, but everyone just knew when it happened.
  1. Boards
  2. 3DO
  3. Daisy chain controllers
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 2 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 3 Questions (3 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A