• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. 3DO
  3. The 3DO?

User Info: guy12345

guy12345
1 year ago#1
So, similar to a post on this board I just saw, I am someone who started playing video games as a kid in the 8 bit era, and by now have collected most of the consoles of my youth into teen years.

The final ones for me to get are the spate of consoles that came out in the early-mid 90s I missed at the time: The 3DO, the Philips CDi, Turbografx 16, Atari Jaguar.

Is the 3DO, or any of these, worth getting?

User Info: wingsofsatan

wingsofsatan
1 year ago#2
The 3DO has some good games and I genuinely like mine. The CD-i I own but have only played a game or two, so I don't have too much experience with. I've heard it's not good though. The TG-16 I've heard very good things about and is probably the best of the four you're asking about. I haven't played one so I don't have an opinion on it yet. The Jaguar I've never played.
You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

guy12345
1 year ago#3
Thanks for the info! People say good things about the 3DO

User Info: MartinIIIa

MartinIIIa
1 year ago#4
Depends on what you're looking for. The 3DO has a good selection of adventure games, RPGs, interactive movies, first-person shooters, and genre-defying titles like The Horde and Icebreaker, but slim pickings for fighting games, shmups, and hop-n-bop platformers, and as far as light gun shooters go it's got ample quantity but little variety.

Another point to be aware of is that after the system went under, a lot of the best exclusives were ported to the PlayStation and/or Saturn, so there are relatively few full-on classics for the system which aren't available for other platforms.

I really like my 3DO, but I wouldn't seek one out until you have a list of at least five games for it that you're confident you'll want to play.

guy12345
1 year ago#5
Good to know thanks! It seems from doing research the 3DO apears to have a decent library, certainly compared to the Jaguar or CDi. I also should have mentioned the Neo Geo in my list above of those consoles.

User Info: wingsofsatan

wingsofsatan
1 year ago#6
guy12345 posted...
I also should have mentioned the Neo Geo in my list above of those consoles.

The Neo Geo is a great system, but unless you have a lot of money to blow I can't recommend getting one. 70-100 seems to be the average price of games with many titles costing hundreds of dollars.
You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

User Info: aerosmith5

aerosmith5
1 year ago#7
Is the 3DO, or any of these, worth getting?

As an owner of all of these consoles, and as someone that enjoys each and every one, your best bet is the TG-16, a wealth of great games, mostly affordable and hard to find in other places.
http://backloggery.com/aerosmith5
http://www.youtube.com/user/aerosmithgamer
  1. Boards
  2. 3DO
  3. The 3DO?
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 2 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 3 Questions (3 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A