• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. 3DO
  3. Should I get a 3DO?

User Info: Doublesouba

Doublesouba
4 years ago#1
I just found one for around $170. It comes with all the cords and a controller, though I'm not sure what controller it is. Usually I don't ask for help in deciding if I should get something, but I am at a loss with the 3DO. I've been collecting games for a little over a year now, but I've always bought things I'm familiar with, that way I have rough idea of what kind of games I can get for the console. But I never played the 3DO before, and I have no idea what's on it. But, at the same time, I have all the consoles I grew up with, so there's nothing else for me to buy that way. I have quite a few consoles: NES, SNES, N64, NGC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GB Pocket, GBA, GBASP, GBA Micro, 3DS, Genisis, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSV, Xbox, X360, XOne, and the Atari 2600. I bought all these because I either grew up playing them in some way, or they came out when I had a job and could just buy them for myself(the only ones I'm missing from my childhood are the GB Color and the Virtual Boy). So, like I said, I'm out of consoles to buy the same way. So now I'm trying to decide between the 3DO, Neo-Geo AES, GB Color, Sega MS, Game Gear, Nomad, or 32X. So, should I get one? These are the last 7 systems I want, I just don't know what one I want to get first, because I've never played them before. Any help is appreciated.
MSI Z97 Gaming 7 MoBo, i5 4690k, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 3GB Superclocked EVGA GTX 780 Ti. Proud owner of an '86 Chevy El Camino.
Waiting for Zelda WiiU, Ys PS4

User Info: Arguro

Arguro
4 years ago#2
Not for $170 unless it comes with several games.

Personally, I love the 3DO and have had a lot of fun with it over the years. I think you might have a little more fun with the Master System and the Game Gear. Both of those are awesome systems and have a little more durability. The 3DO is definitely something worth getting, just not for that price.

There are some pretty sweet exclusives on the 3DO, but there is also a lot of garbage. I love Guardian War, Perfect General, and Cyberdillo (and everyone scolds me when I don't recommend Wing Commander and Shock Wave). There is also a good port of Super Street Fighter II Turbo. The 3DO version of Road Rash isn't any different than the Ps1 or the Saturn version, but it is my go-to version for some reason. Way of the Warrior was a pretty sweet fighter back in the day, but it has aged somewhat (though it is still very playable).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q419zd0twbficaq/2015-03-16%2009.37.12.jpg?dl=0

User Info: Doublesouba

Doublesouba
4 years ago#3
Thanks for the info. It doesn't come with any games, so I'll pass on it. I'll just keep an eye out on eBay or something. Thanks again.
MSI Z97 Gaming 7 MoBo, i5 4690k, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 3GB Superclocked EVGA GTX 780 Ti. Proud owner of an '86 Chevy El Camino.
Waiting for Zelda WiiU, Ys PS4
  1. Boards
  2. 3DO
  3. Should I get a 3DO?
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 2 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 3 Questions (3 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A