• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
5 years ago#1
it's a shame that many good voice actors didn't stay on passed this one

Steven Blum as Keiji Meada

Mary Elizabth McGlynn as Lady Noh

Wendee Lee as Oichi

Melissa Fahn as Okuni

Lex Lang as Magoichi Saika

Richard Epcar as Shingen Takeda

Beau Billingslea as Kenshin Uesugi

Tony Oliver as Ronmaru Mori

those are some heavy unaccredited names and Douglas Rye deserves a mention as his Nobunaga was one of my favorite things in this game
If there's two things I hate in this world, it's cockroaches and crying babies! ...... Well, a crying baby cockroach would be truly terrible...

User Info: SaintTweeter

SaintTweeter
5 years ago#2
Agree with everyone except Okuni. Okuni's voice in this game is beyond grating.
Potemkin's new design in Guilty Gear Xrd is awesome. Radical change ain't always a bad thing!
boku wa SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS atashi wa

lenmutt
5 years ago#3
SaintTweeter posted...
Agree with everyone except Okuni. Okuni's voice in this game is beyond grating.

admittedly her voice is not the greatest but I listed her because of that voice actor when I found out Melissa Fahn was her voice I was beyond shocked.

I like her voice and i'm aware most hate it but her voice actress is a rather good and it's almost jarring

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melissa_Fahn

besides the ones I listed none of the others had a big name voice actor but as I said all thes VA's left after this one which is a real shame I've never played the later installments but I've heard Keiji's voice UGH talk about grating....

I did play WO 3 but of course no English there but voices sound good especially Hanzo

SaintTweeter
5 years ago#4
What I think is more strange is that many of these actors still work with KoeiTecmo but didn't do any dub voices for this series past the first game. Epcar is sitll doing Dong Zhuo, Lex Lang still voices Zhuge Liang, Tony Oliver sadly still voices Lu Meng, but none of them voiced characters in Wii SW3, IIRC. : /
Potemkin's new design in Guilty Gear Xrd is awesome. Radical change ain't always a bad thing!

lenmutt
5 years ago#5
SaintTweeter posted...
What I think is more strange is that many of these actors still work with KoeiTecmo but didn't do any dub voices for this series past the first game. Epcar is sitll doing Dong Zhuo, Lex Lang still voices Zhuge Liang, Tony Oliver sadly still voices Lu Meng, but none of them voiced characters in Wii SW3, IIRC. : /

That is bizarre! And Douglas Rye i believe still does CaoCao

Oh god..... I never played sw2/sw3 Nobunaga's voice.... it's... it is soooo bad why?!?!

SW1 pure Gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZmGlSEfLUo

sw2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77AU_C4JH_8

sw3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JitDlO-7l80

the voice from 2 and 3 is so flaccid and lacks the dramatic flair deep tone that just breathes Nobunaga Oda

SaintTweeter
5 years ago#6
Yeah, basically 75% of the cast of SW1 still does DW work. Its just baffling. SW2 had a lower budget Canadian VA company, and I think that game had better voices than what I've heard from 3. I imported SW3 Z for PS3, so all of my knowledge of 3's voices comes from Youtube clips, but its still beyond awful.

lenmutt
5 years ago#7
SaintTweeter posted...
Yeah, basically 75% of the cast of SW1 still does DW work. Its just baffling. SW2 had a lower budget Canadian VA company, and I think that game had better voices than what I've heard from 3. I imported SW3 Z for PS3, so all of my knowledge of 3's voices comes from Youtube clips, but its still beyond awful.

It's pretty damn bad I first saw a gameplay video of sw3 and I thought the person playing was doing the voice over... I mean that's just sad. Perhaps Koei plays favorites I mean DW is their baby they would not want one of their other titles outshining it.

And after hearing that nobunaga's i have almost no interest in hearing the rest of the sw1 cast in the later installments well not in english anyways
  • Topic Archived