• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Any mods that fix the games lag shooting?

User Info: Whitemike20052

Whitemike20052
9 years ago#1
By that i mean you cant shoot guns as fast as you pull the trigger. You have to wait like 1 sec between shots it seems sometimes.
---
"Im so sorry Christian, I dont know where the peanut butter is...I swear to GOD!" Bale: "SWEAR TO ME!" *Backhand slap*
http://img28.imageshack.us/i/55454498.jpg/

User Info: Senta

Senta
9 years ago#2
That sounds more like a system issue, not a game issue. Could be cause by too much going on at once for your computer, graphics set to high, or another mod.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
9 years ago#3
It's not a system issue, least-wise not one that can be fixed by running a Phenom II x6 1090t CPU, 8GB of DDR3 @ 1333 MHz, and a Radeon HD4830 512MB video card running the game. Some guns seem to be "sticky" when shooting them. Cases in point, the silenced 10mm gun doesn't fire as quickly as you can click a mouse button, but the 10mm non-silenced handgun can, usually. The 10mm handgun, however, will still occasionally feel like it's sticking resulting in a lower than maximum firing rate.

I'm running a clean, non-patched, non-modded, installation and for me it seems like the game occasionally doesn't register or ignores attempts to shoot guns. Whether this is based on gun condition, a bug, or a "feature," I personally don't know.
McMath: Math where 190 + 280 = 460, not 470, and 190 / 2 * 3 = 280, not 285. Proof: 4 piece McNugget = 190 calories, but 6 piece is 280 and 10 piece 460.

User Info: Whitemike20052

Whitemike20052
9 years ago#4
^^Exactly

The games gunplay isnt like other FPS's. Its slow and sluggish, plus the rate of fire on weapons is all off, especially on the single fire ones.
---
"Im so sorry Christian, I dont know where the peanut butter is...I swear to GOD!" Bale: "SWEAR TO ME!" *Backhand slap*
http://img28.imageshack.us/i/55454498.jpg/

User Info: putnamehere3145

putnamehere3145
9 years ago#5
This game isn't like other FPSs, anyway
{{Putnam}}

User Info: mfwahwah

mfwahwah
9 years ago#6
I'm pretty new to playing Fallout 3.

Does the condition of a weapon effect fire rate?
The below statement is false.
The above statement is false.

User Info: Xeno_Predator

Xeno_Predator
9 years ago#7
The condition of a weapon only affects damage and occasionally reload time (can be jammed).

I have a good computer and this sticky shooting mechanic happens to me as well. It is definitely not a system thing.
That is a joke. - EDI

User Info: Senta

Senta
9 years ago#8
I'll just chalk this up to another one of those things that seem to be random. I've never had an issue of any delayed firing, except with a few mods that I quickly fixed.

Everything about this game, the good and the bad, seems to be entirely luck based on if it happens to you or not, I swear. Some people with the exact system as me have issues with it, while me and others don't. Just odd. I also run it with a Quad, which many other Quad-users have trouble doing without editing the files for the game.

Fallout 3: Revealing to us all what our Real Life Luck stat is.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Any mods that fix the games lag shooting?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A