• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Ant Queen ("Those" quest) (spoilers)

User Info: yonkiman

yonkiman
12 years ago#1

I want to complete the quest the way the jackass scientist wants, which I thought meant keeping the queen alive and having him turn on some machine that makes all the remaining ants kill each other.

So I killed the 5 guardian ants and the robot, the ant queen is alive, but the scientest walks down and then runs away when he sees the queen. 

So what am I missing?  Am I supposed to hack the terminal myself (impossible I think - I need 50 science and I'm about 35 with all the bonuses I can muster).  Should I just kill the queen?  I'd really like to get all the ants to kill each other first...

User Info: Doopdroo

Doopdroo
12 years ago#2
You aren't supposed to kill the Robot. I don't know if he'll freak out like this if you do though.

User Info: knetzerthegreat

knetzerthegreat
12 years ago#3
Kill the guardians but NOT the robot, that's his assistant. If you saved after his death you might be boned. If you really are all screwed up, unlock the computer with a console command and send the pulse yourself.

User Info: TheBionicRock

TheBionicRock
12 years ago#4
Well his robot tried to kill me so I trashed it but so far I've been able to progress just fine. It's been awhile since I did that part of the quest but presuming said pulse is the one to make the ants suicide I'm not sure it's important he actually does it. I say that since he never did the pulse on my game but when I went surface side the boy talked like the ants suicided and the quest progressed just fine so unless it was a glitch on my game I think your fine.
grr i was warned for a topic that should b ingame....gess reality is cencured on faqs... -silverfaustx

User Info: LostAndWounded

LostAndWounded
12 years ago#5
When I finished that quest the first time, I walked with him down there and he ran off when the queen noticed ME and aggro'd.

I loaded an earlier save, waited outside the chamber, he walked in, sat down and went to work.
L.A.W.
Once upon a time everything was lovely. That was before I had to deal with people.

yonkiman
12 years ago#6

Oops...  I just threw a few genades near the opening to take out the ants, robot was collateral damage.  He's lying in the radioactive pool making clanking noise, half-dead. 

I KILLED AN INNOCENT ROBOT!!!!!!  How will I live with myself.

Guess it's time to look at my save files and see if I get lucky...

Thanks everyone!

User Info: quinikk

quinikk
12 years ago#7
Why is the ant queen not hostile towards the doctor?

yonkiman
12 years ago#8

LostAndWounded posted...
When I finished that quest the first time, I walked with him down there and he ran off when the queen noticed ME and aggro'd.

I loaded an earlier save, waited outside the chamber, he walked in, sat down and went to work.

That did it!  Thanks!

The only thing I think I lost out on was the +10 science coat.  I got a fireimmunity injection, but didn't get his coat.

Thanks again.

User Info: BladeKnife

BladeKnife
12 years ago#9
You don't actually need to follow him there. Just go back up and speak to the kid.
So far 9 users pissed me off, here's another one:
boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=562728&

User Info: Quaix

Quaix
12 years ago#10
The robot attacked me, so I killed him. I went back and talked to Lesko, got my injection and the coat. Then he ran off to the queen's room. Later Wilks said that the ants all killed each other. Not sure if they really did or not, as I killed them all prior to that.

Based on that, I doubt the robots state impacts the quest in any way.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Ant Queen ("Those" quest) (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A