• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Where is vault-tec HQ key (spoiler)

User Info: Nipitpon

Nipitpon
12 years ago#1
I'm on a mission to take violin, there is and optional log to find vault 92 location. To do so I must get to Vault-tec HQ. I keep walking on the path and end up with a metal door that requires key to open. I search everywhere but I don't find one. Anyone know what should i do?
Good deed is like underpants; have it but never show it.
E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz |4GB DDR2 RAM|512MB XFX 9800GT|Asrock G32M-S mobo

User Info: red255

red255
12 years ago#2
Step 1. Look around for a terminal or switch.

Step 2. Pull up the local map and go to areas you haven't been (ideally doors to other areas that aren't the capitol wasteland.

Its been a while but normally the doors you can't open are for getting out of there.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: TheKiwis

TheKiwis
12 years ago#3
It took me a while to figure this out. You have to find an employee terminal and read the note about the new security procedures, and then make sure you've granted access to the Vault-Tec mainframe with each of the 3 computers. One is on the second floor of those offices, the other two are on the way to the mainframe door. After that, the light should be green next to the door and you can go in.
"Jake liked his women the way he liked his kiwi: sweet yet tar, firm-fleshed yet yielding to touch, and covered in brown fuzzy hair." Gretchen Schmidt

Nipitpon
12 years ago#4
I found a stair that getting me outa here quickly already. I explore every single inch of the building, except behind that door.

User Info: red255

red255
12 years ago#5
oh right yeah there are 3 terminals you need to access, supposedly they allow you to turn off all the bots (but so did touching the masterbrain) and are needed to open the door.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

Nipitpon
12 years ago#6
I think I found the third one, the one I screwed it up and now it's in permanent lockdown. So any cheat can help me?

User Info: td3005

td3005
12 years ago#7

This is what you need to do. 1st i dont believe its possible to get locked out of the computers that allow you to shut down the mother brain. The only computers that need hacking at vault tec are the turrets and they dont matter. Find the 3 computers and set them to allow the brain to be disabled. kill the mobile brain robot on the top floor to shut down all the other robots, this may not be required to access the vault tec info. then go into the main computer room, you notice there are 2 floors to this and you can get into the bottom one. in one of the corners the pipes are arranged so you can jump up on 1 then another. Jumping in this game sux so it takes a little doing, i found 3rd person view is easier . Once you get on the second pipe you can jump on top of one of the main frame computers, this will put you close enough to click on the computer that has the termina., you dont even have to be able to see the terminal. It then asks if you want to get the data and marks the vaults for you. I NEVER FOUNDANY KEY!

Got the info though.

1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Where is vault-tec HQ key (spoiler)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A