• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. 16 years ago the PSP released.

User Info: ReggieBush09

ReggieBush09
1 month ago#1
It was a different time in society.
People treated me differently I was 24 years old.

I still got all my games
You know I got that heat, cause talk is cheap.

User Info: Cybuster_88

Cybuster_88
1 month ago#2
It was 16 years ago this past March, at least in NA.

User Info: TLR_

TLR_
4 weeks ago#3
I was 17 and... coveting my classmates' PSPs 'cause I couldn't afford one at the time 🤣

Got one as a graduation present a year later, and I put some simply insane hours into it.
My Game Collection/Backlog (Incomplete!): https://howlongtobeat.com/user?n=BishopTakesKing

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
4 weeks ago#4
I was 8. I was still enjoying my GBA SP, and then I moved on to the DS (Lite) a few years later. I heard of the PSP around the same time, but I didn't think much of it until I was 15 and in high school. I then got a PSP 3000, bought Castlevania SotN and Resident Evil DC, and then amassed my collection from there to include actual PSP games like Birth By Sleep. Solid system. My 8-10 year old self would've loved it for sure...but I wouldn't have taken good care of it at all.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
6 days ago#5
I was never interested in a PSP until the day i found out it could be jailbroken and used as an old game emulation machine. It's ironic that nowadays i mostly play PSP games on it.
UMD's weren't a terrible idea but the stupid, brittle plastic cases were. And they probably contributed to the high manufacturing costs which made the games more expensive than they should have been. Handheld games should never cost exactly the same as home console games new, but they did for the PSP.

Habitual Judge
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. 16 years ago the PSP released.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A