• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Which is a better way to get a memory stick?

User Info: King Pazuzu

King Pazuzu
5 months ago#1
I noticed that there are a lot of cheap adapters that convert from memory stick pro duo to Micro SD. Is it better to get his or buy an actual memory stick that is slightly overpriced given the limited storage it comes with?

User Info: BigBoct

BigBoct
5 months ago#2
I would get a two-slot adapter card and put two 64GB microSD cards in it. Actual Memory Sticks only go up to 32GB.

Also be aware, the adapters are very fragile because of how thin they are to make space for the microSD cards. Once you get one, I would leave it in your PSP full-time and put things on it using the PSP's USB Connection function.
"The building was on fire, and it wasn't my fault."
--Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden, The Dresden Files book 6: Blood Rites
(edited 5 months ago)

King Pazuzu
5 months ago#3
BigBoct posted...
I would get a two-slot adapter card and put two 64GB microSD cards in it. Actual Memory Sticks only go up to 32GB.

Also be aware, the adapters are very fragile because of how thin they are to make space for the microSD cards. Once you get one, I would leave it in your PSP full-time and put things on it using the PSP's USB Connection function.

Thanks. Is there any advantage to the 2 slot adaptor to the single one? Why not just get a single 128GB one? I guess the PSP sees it only as one slot when I put it in.

User Info: nightwing3415

nightwing3415
5 months ago#4
BigBoct posted...

wish i saw this a few days. I bought a 64gb originally for my wii u, but my brain kicked in and i used an usb flash drive 64 gb for that and only got an adapter for $5 on Amazon
FC: 2509-3702-6687 IGN TRAE TSV: AS 0159 Y 2486 switch: SW-2123-90928731 http://tinyurl.com/nrbuer5

User Info: BigBoct

BigBoct
5 months ago#5
King Pazuzu posted...
Thanks. Is there any advantage to the 2 slot adaptor to the single one? Why not just get a single 128GB one? I guess the PSP sees it only as one slot when I put it in.
I don't see any reason why you couldn't, I'm just speaking from my own experience and what I did with mine.
"The building was on fire, and it wasn't my fault."
--Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden, The Dresden Files book 6: Blood Rites

User Info: CBASH13

CBASH13
5 months ago#6
King Pazuzu posted...

I originally bought a one slot adapter from Amazon. After going through the necessary steps, the PSP still wasn't recognizing it. Sent it back, got a replacement, had the same issue. Switched it out for a two slot adapter, and voila PSP recognized the micro SD and all my storage was available.

Based on personal experience, I'd go two slot.
It is what it is

User Info: pokeneed

pokeneed
5 months ago#7
nightwing3415 posted...
wish i saw this a few days. I bought a 64gb originally for my wii u, but my brain kicked in and i used an usb flash drive 64 gb for that and only got an adapter for $5 on Amazon
@nightwing3415 you on the psp board2 and pokemon sword i see you like good things haha
God Is Good All The Time

User Info: nightwing3415

nightwing3415
5 months ago#8
pokeneed posted...
@nightwing3415 you on the psp board2 and pokemon sword i see you like good things haha

lmao i’m everywhere. It just stinks because i am one of those sometimes who are thinking “just look it up” when people ask questions, but there are times that i do, it’s more about buying the item instead of answering my questions
FC: 2509-3702-6687 IGN TRAE TSV: AS 0159 Y 2486 switch: SW-2123-90928731 http://tinyurl.com/nrbuer5

User Info: MG_Salad

MG_Salad
5 months ago#9
I grabbed one of these on ebay a couple of years ago for pretty cheap. I see one listing on there for an 8/16GB for about $25 at the moment. These don't appear to have been bootlegged compared to the other HG Duo brands.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/1/4/7/AAWDWQAAB4Zb.jpg
I can wait for the ps5

King Pazuzu
4 months ago#10
MG_Salad posted...
I grabbed one of these on ebay a couple of years ago for pretty cheap. I see one listing on there for an 8/16GB for about $25 at the moment. These don't appear to have been bootlegged compared to the other HG Duo brands.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/1/4/7/AAWDWQAAB4Zb.jpg

That's a good deal. I got the adapter already so I would have got it.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Which is a better way to get a memory stick?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A